Monday, April 7, 2008
What a Great Week!
Can I just tell you how nice it was to get away! Lisa and I had such a good time on our cruise to Bermuda. I definitely want to do another cruise soon, but this time with Derrick! I couldn't believe how cold it was when we got off the plane in New York. We definitely were NOT prepared for that. After we got on the boat and had the mandatory life boat drill with the lovely life vests, we were off. Can I just tell you, out boat was HUGE! I was excited that we got to see the Statue of Liberty as we left. I did get a bit sick on the trip over and back, but not too bad. The water was rougher than I expected.
The first day we were in Bermuda just happened to be the coldest day they had had the entire year,great, just great! The next day was nice and we took the ferry into Hamilton and just shopped and walked around.
The next day we went out on a Hartley's Helmet Dive. We were supposed to go the day before, but the water had been rough and stirred everything up so it got re-scheduled. I have to honestly say, I was excited when they called to say it was canceled the first day! For those of you who know me, you know I have, well, some water issues. I HATE water on my face and I get really freaked out to be under the water. So why, you ask would I sign up to do this, voluntarily? Well, Lisa loves the water and really wanted to go, so I promised her I would give it a shot.(it was the least I could do, since she took me on her free cruise). I was super glad I did it. The reef was so pretty and the fish were great. The helmet was perfect for me, I was under the water, but my face didn't get wet. I did have a few panicky moments, but I did it! I think that was my favorite part of the whole trip. After we did our dive we laid out on the top of the boat and of course, I got fried! Bermuda is deceptive....it was just overcast enough that I really didn't think I was getting burned. I should have known, I always get burned! One of the guys on the boat, James, was super nice. He told us the funniest stories about Bermuda and, well, he wasn't all that terrible to look at either!
I could really get used to living on a cruise ship. The food was great, ice cream bar anytime you want it, great service and someone to help with everything, yea, I could for sure get used to that. Our cabin steward left the cutest towel animals on our bed every night. The entertainment was good, but the best was Stampin' Up! karaoke superstar! I can't believe how good they all were. Our favorite was by far this kid named Nick....Hilarious! He had the best outfits, complete with spandex and everything. I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time.
We spent one afternoon in some caves, that had stalactites and stalagmites. They had water in the bottom that came from the ocean. The Bermudian people that we met were so nice, and super laid back. We stopped in the post office to buy stamps and ended up visiting with the lady there for a good 10 min. When we left she gave us a strip of stamps that had been laminated and made into a bookmark. I think that is my favorite souvenir that I brought back, mostly because she was so thoughtful. The water there was the most beautiful shade of turquoise blue. All the houses are painted bright colors....like, pink, turquoise, coral, yellow. The buses on the island are pink, and there are scooters everywhere! I know there is so much I'm forgetting. It was a great trip and I'm so glad my great sister invited me to go with her! We had such a good time together. Oh, and can I just say.....I have the best husband ever! He kept everything running smooth for 8 days, and the house was clean when I got home! Amazing!
I guess now I need to get back to real life! Carlie is ready to potty train, and I have girls camp to plan!
Posted by {Mo} at 7:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
It sounds like you had so much fun. I am so jealous. I have never been to bermuda before (surprising enough). My goal in life is do at least one cruise with a group of friends. Maybe we can talk Ann into going and we could all go together!
It sounds soo fun! BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!! I was hoping you'd post a picture of you and Lisa in your cute new suits though! :) ~ I see all of the water, and fun, and I think we are crazy for not going next January, but I know it will happen... oneday. I'm glad your back, and blogging again! I missed my friend!
I love you! ~ Ann
Monica,
Great to have you back! How much fun did you guys have?? That was totally awesome to watch. And can I say one cruiser to another cruiser "MMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......Ice Cream!" I think that is dangerous to have ice cream cones accessible at all times. We were making up reasons to go and get a cone. I'd wake up, and be like, "I need a cone to wake me up" and then I would have one at breakfast and then grab another cone for the walk back to the room. Oh yeah, it gets worse the rest of the day. I really loved the towel animals too! I think that they are so creative and don't even try to attempt to do it yourself. It's just not the same.
Well welcome back! Hope the burn clears up soon and I think we all missed your bloggin!
Welcome back! I'm glad you had so much fun!!
by the way, I'm not really anonymous....I just don't know how leaving comments work yet. Love, Marilee
Love your post! I might just have to steal it for my blog since you summed our trip up so nicely. I am so glad that you went with me, it was the best time ever :) We need to figure out how to do it again together with our hubbies... only problem is the kids!
Post a Comment