If I had to guess I'd say I was about 9 or 10 in this picture. It's funny to see our house brown in the background, and the old log border around the flower bed. I wish I could find Carlie some of the old school Jelly shoes like I am wearing and you have to love mine and Lisa's bangs. I can't believe Shad doesn't have his cowboy boots on, he never went anywhere without them, and even wore them with shorts and Pj's. Fun times!
I was tagged by Suzanne and I thought I'd add this with my flashback Friday picture, since it kind of goes together. It's amazing to me how many things there are about my life I just don't remember. I think these list are always fun, but some of you don't. I'm going to tag anyone that wants to share! Just copy and paste.
1. Song that always makes you sad? I can' think of one?
2. Last thing you bought? Some scrapbook kits online
3. Last person you argued with? Carlie, she and I argue a A LOT
4. One of your stuffed animals' names as a kid? I don't really remember
5. Did you ever own at one time own a Michael Jackson Cd? yep, still have one or two.
6. Favorite day of the week? Monday, after a good weekend and we can get back to normal routines.
7. Did you take Piano lessons? More years than I can count, but do you think I can play anything?
8. Most frequent song played? Right now? I just usually turn on the XM and listen to the hits.
9. T.V. show you secretly enjoy? Miami Ink
10. Favorite scents? Fresh cut grass, Baking smells, coconut, baby lotion
11. Date someone older or younger? Derrick is older, I can't think of anyone younger?
12. One place you could travel right now? Europe or somewhere warm, or anywhere really.
13 Favorite time of the day? Bedtime
14. Do you know all the words to the national anthem? Sure, don't most people?
15. Something you're wearing right now? Rock on T-shirt and Jeans
16. Job you've had? Duanes Foodtown, Payroll at UVSC, Olan Mills, ATG and Mom
17. Did you go to your high school prom? Yep, and my escort passed out during the floor show.
18. Perfect time to wake up? 8:30
19. Perfect time to go to bed? 11:30
20. Favorite soda? Coke
21. Ever been in a car accident? A few, but thankfully no one has ever been hurt bad. I think the worst was when my sis drove under a truck! When the tow trucks came, they couldn't get the car and truck unstuck, they ended up towing them both off stuck together.
22. Closer to mom or dad...or neither? Probably mom, but my dad is great!
23. Who would you want on a deserted island with you? Derrick, he's handy!
24. Have you been bungee jumping? No
25. Favorite ice cream flavor? Anything with nuts or my fav. on the cruise was Coconut!
26. Do you have an article of clothing you have had since you were in high school? In my mom's basement I'm sure I do!
27. Did you play high school sports? I was on Drill Team, I'm just not a sporty girl!
28. Were you ever in a school talent show? Do dance reviews count?
29. What are you allergic to? Naughty Kids
30. Have you watched sex and the city? Not once
31. Fun place you lived? The girls in Santaquin made Santaquin FUN!
32. Do you shampoo first in the shower or soap? Shampoo
33. Wet the toothbrush or brush dry with the toothpaste? Wet
34. Blue or black ink? Either one, I'm more worried about how the pen writes, I only like certain kinds.
35. Have you ever gambled at a casino? Yea, but only slots and stuff
36. Have you thrown up on a plane? No
37. Have you thrown up in a car? Only like 30 times, when we went to Hawaii (I was pregnant and our driver, James, was awful. on purpose I think).
38. Favorite cartoon as a kid? Smurfs
39. favorite childhood tv show? Silver Spoons
40. Who was your first roommate? Patti, Holly, and some oriental girls who were a bit odd.
41. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk for the first time? I've never been drunk!
42. What was your first car? I drove my parents Escort, or the big blue Bonneville. I much preferred the Escort, but the Bonneville could spin those tires great!
43. What was the last movie you saw? Horton Hears a Who with the kids
44. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown? 18
45. Who was your first grade teacher? Mr. Johnson.....Kaleb could have him next year, how funny is that?
46. Where did you go on your first airplane ride? San Fransisco, after I was married and Derrick worked for Skywest.
47. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with? Umm, I don't really recall? Probably Derrick.
48. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them? Jill Williams, our mom's are friends, but I never really see her now.
49. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day? Lis or Ann
50. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsman? Carri's
51. What is the first thing you do in the morning? put eye drops in
52. What were some concerts you have attended? George Strait, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Rage against the Machine, U2, I know there are more?
53. First tattoo or piercing? My ears when I was 8
54. First celebrity crush? New kids on the Block (that's for you Heidi) I'm sure there was someone before that though!


5 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
I LOVE that picture! Lisa's hair cracks me up!
I love your list!
3 things even I didn't know...
1- I had no idea you were a New kids fan once too.
2- I didn't know you ever went to a Rage concert. Too cool.
3- I didn't know there was such a things as coconut icecream! Sounds super yummy!!
Monica,
Thanks for sharing. Would like to know more about the Prom date passing out. What was that like?
Ann~ Rage opened for U2, how funny is that? I went with Heather from ATG. I just heard last night at Bunko that New Kids are reuiniting...how do you think that's gonna work out? Ummm, coconut ice cream...I'm hungry!
Suzanne~ We did a big floor show/program witht he entire Jr. class. I think it was just too hot and we stood to long. All the sudden he went straight back....at first I thought he was just goofing, but he kept going till he hit the floor! It was scary then, but a bit funny now.
Dear Monica-
Thank you so very much for your nice comment on my blog. Of course I don't mind one bit! It never ceases to amaze me at who is checking-in or reading my blog from time-to-time. Kind of makes you wonder who else is out there?! :)
Anyways, I appreciate all your insights and thoughts on divorce. Man, I tell you, somedays I wonder if divorce could be an option for children as well? I am so grateful for the gospel; otherwise I have a feeling that my heart and soul would be at the bottom of a deep well right now. I also have a great husband and extended family (especially my mother and father-in-law) who do a lot to bolster my spirits.
I also appreciate that you didn't sugar-coat anything for me. Bottom line: divorce sucks, and it will probably continue to suck. I guess all I can do is learn to let-go of my anger, and accept this as an inevitable change in my life. It's also made me realize that I will NEVER go through a divorce myself. Ugh. Enough said.
I'm so glad you left me a comment. Now I will definitely be stopping by your site more often. Isn't Ann the greatest? I can already tell that we have a lot in common. Take care!
Love,
Megan Holdaway
P.S. If you're interested, I also have another blog: www.cupcakechowder.blogspot.com
:)
Cute picture. I love seeing the old stuff.
I also liked the list. We have a few things in common that I didn't know before. I guess why these lists work, right?
Post a Comment