Thursday, April 10, 2008

I just LOVE a good book.....

I really just love a good book, or even an OK one for that matter. I just love books. I realized tonight as I started yet another new book, that I've read quite a few books in the last week....5 to be exact, and I just started my 6th? WOW! That is amazing even to me. I always have a stack of books from both the Bookmobile or library, and if I'm down to my last one, I kinda start to freak out. I read a little bit of everything, but mostly fiction. I have a hard time with the biographies and inspirational books, every once in awhile I'll read them, but it's not my norm. So, here's what I've read in the last week, in case anyone is interested.

  • Delicious Conversations, by Jennifer Stewart Griffith ~ This was a cute LDS easy read that I really liked, it had a little different twist, or style than the same old romances. Plus, it has lots of chocolate recipes in it that sound yummy!

  • I Heard That Song Before, by Mary Higgins Clark ~ Really, who doesn't like a good Mary Higgins Clark mystery. They always keep me entertained and are just easy reading.

  • Staying in Tune, by Carmen Rassmussen ~ Like, I said a biography every once in awhile. This book is definitely on a more young adult level. I liked it, but didn't love it.

  • The Bishop's Bride, by Elizabeth W. Watkins ~ Cute book, fun story, easy read.

  • Quicksand, by Iris Johansen ~ This is the one I just started, but I always really like her books....hopefully I won't be disappointed.

There was one more book that I did read this last week that I left off my list. I liked it, but, well, I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I really typically don't read this many books in a week, 2 maybe 3. Remember, I was on vacation, and had time to read on the boat and the plane. Plus, Derrick is gone to a Math conference and so, I've not been sleeping so great (I read 2 1/2 of those books in the last 24 hours). If any of you have read any great new books, let me know......I love to give new authors a shot. Now if I could just figure out how to get my boys to enjoy reading as much as I do?

A cruise is the best place to catch up on your reading!

5 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Suzanne said...

A book lover too?!? That is fantastic! I am like you, I love to read. Right now I am reading some church stuff, so it is taking me a little longer to get through, but I love to read just like you. I will let you know if I hit anything good. -Suzanne

Me said...

I love to read. Unfortunately I don't find the time too. I do read tons when I am on a cruise too. I love Mary Higgins Clark. I think I have read all her books except the new ones. I will have to look at your list when I am reading again. Thanks for sharing.

Katie

P.S. I hope I didn't offend you with anything that I said earlier.

Lisa said...

So I still don't get it ... how the heck do you read so much and still keep your house in order??? I know that I ask you that all the time, but seriously I think that I clean all day long, and it never even looks like it, and you know how much I read (rarely)! I did read 2 books in the last two weeks also, which is a record for me, but that was also on vacation when I didn't have to deal with cleaning, and kids!

Shane & Laina said...

I love to read and I'm so excited about your recommendations. I love to hear about what people are reading!!!

Ann Marie said...

Because you go through books so fast, you really should post a " what I'm reading now " in your column on the side bar, so people can get good ideas...Or maybe a book review? and say what you thought og the books so people know what to look for! Just a thought.... :)