Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A GREAT WEEKEND!

What a great weekend we had! We are now back to a family of 5, not 8. I have to say the kids were pretty dang good, better together than they have been for quite awhile. We took the 4 boys to "Horton hears a Who" on Friday night, and my mom kept the little girls. Saturday, my mom and I split the kids and took turns with them, while I cleaned my much neglected house. It was nice to get back to Church on Sunday. I haven't been since Easter! I missed a week on my trip, then we had General and Stake Conference. I can always see a difference in myself when I miss Church. Plus, have you ever notice that the kids are always HORRIBLE when you go back? (we left Sacrament early this week). And of course, my Sunbeams were just as cute as ever!

The best part of my Sunday (OK, the best part of my whole week) was my BFF, Ann and her darling family stopped by on their way home from a trip to St. George. That is one of my only regrets in moving home, I don't get to see my friend....thank heavens for the phone and computers! They stayed for dinner (I hope it wasn't yucky, Ann wouldn't tell me even if it was), the kids played, we went to my mom's and sisters for a minute. They weren't here nearly long enough, but it was so great to see them.


A great visit with a great FRIEND!

Brock had a dentist appointment yesterday to get a filling. I went to school with our Dentist, so it's nice and weird all at the same time. I was amazed how good Brock was. Kaleb and I each get a filling next week and I am not looking forward to that (I'll probably be a worse patient than Brock).

Derrick decided we needed to go on a four-wheeler ride last night. I have to admit, I was a grump about it. I really do enjoy riding, but I hate it when it's even a bit cold, it makes me achy and my ears always hurt. See, grumpy! Anyway, it was cold, but not too bad. I love that this kids are all old enough to make riding easy. Derrick and I each put Carlie or Kaleb on with one of us, and Brock usually rides his little 90. He is getting to be a pretty good little rider and keeps up really well. Last night Derrick had him go up a hill that I wasn't sure he was really ready for, and he did it with no problem. I guess I'm just the mom that is scared for her kids to try new things!

We are still working on getting Carlie potty trained. I've been amazed at how well she is doing! I don't think we've really had more than one accident a day. Hopefully she keeps it up and we can be done with diapers forever! YIPPEE!

4 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Suzanne said...

Monica,
Like I said on Ann's blog, I LOVE your front door. I need to go back through your archives and see what else you have done to your home. You have Fabulous taste! I would love to help out any way I can with camp. I will send you an email.

I am like you that I don't like 4 wheeling if it is cold. Since my accident, I don't really enjoy 4 wheeling period. You are so brave to have your son riding on his own. I probably would have been panicking if it were me watching him on that hill!

Hey one other thing! I love your blog posts, so you need to do more. I saw the book you recommended and I am planning on reading it for my summer book. I am trying to finish my current one, then I am reading the Price We Paid for Trek and then I want sheer entertainment. I want to squeeze in your book before Breaking Dawn comes out. Are you a Twighliter?

Ann Marie said...

Whatever the food would be yucky. It was awesome!! Thanks a million for letting us stop. I know you were stressed cleaning and everything, and you shouldn't be!
Thanks for letting me whine for a bit today. I'm so grateful I can call and just be myself! Love ya.

BTW, If you want the family picture, it can be zoomed in to see you better. I just wanted to get your house in the picture to, so that's why it looks farther away...

Lisa said...

Thanks again for keeping my kids! My girls weekend is always a MUCH needed break, and it is always so nice to know my kids are well taken care of and having fun while I am gone. You are awesome!!!

{Mo} said...

Ann~ 3 Things~
1.You are just such a great cook...well, I can't compare!
2.I wasn't too stressed about cleaning, it just needed done REALLY bad, and I feel better knowing that I did get most everything done.
3.You didn't even really whine to me today, and I love to talk to you NO. MATTER. WHAT!
Oh, oops. 4. Do you think Chad would mind sending me an up close version of the family pic? It would be nice to have both.

Suzanne~
I love my door too! We built this same house in Mona, but had a different door, and it makes such a big diffence! I have the same style through my house. I would be nervous riding after an accident too. Derrick is the only one who has ever had a serious accident, but he rides harder than the rest of us. I say serious prayers every time we go out, which is usually 1-2 times a week. I have to throw out a disclaimer on my book section, I read a huge veriety of different things and some books I read aren't for everyone! I have read the Twilight books, and I though I really like them, for some reason I can't say I love them....I'm not sure what it is. That said, I am excited for the next one!