I am one of those people that always needs something to look forward to. Are any of you guys like that? Well, since I am, I just thought I'd share quick one of the next things on my list. My mom, 2 of her 3 sisters (the other lives in Washington, or I'm sure she would be here) and the nieces (in-laws included) are walking in the Race for the Cure on May 10th! Me, Lisa, my Mom, Aunt Suzi and Leslie did this last year and it was such a great experience, so we recruited the rest of the Ainge girls! I couldn't believe how many people were involved and all the different shirts and banners in memory of loved ones. I honestly spent most of the race trying not to cry (ok, you who know me, know trying didn't work), it was overwhelming to see how many lives this affects. We decided this year that our team would be Dot's Darlings in honor of our Grandma Dot (my Great-Grandma). What an amazing woman she was. She fought a valiant battle with breast cancer and survived following a mastectomy that saved her life. I am SUPER excited to be doing this with my mom, sisters, aunts and cousins! Our pink camo shirts came yesterday, which made me even more excited! YEA, for family, doing something for a great cause, and having a girls day!
http://www.active.com/donate/komenslc2008/kslcSCarter

8 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Friend-
I did not know about this! How did this happen?? Anyways, I LOVE that you are walking on honor of your Grandma. Where is this going to take place?
I tried calling you today.
I hope evrything is OK.
Friend, today was a run around day, I saw you called and just ran out of time to call you back. I'll try tomorrow, I've been wondering how things are at your house. I can't believe I didn't tell you about this. Did I remember to tell you we did it last year? It's in SLC, it starts at the Gateway and goes up by Beck street and back.
Monica,
Well look at you!! You and your family doing a good cause!! That is way exciting and motivating!! Way to go! My boss did this race a couple of years ago and was frustrated because he was trying to run it and had lots of walking women in the way. I told him, he missed the point of the race!
I am so excited to do this as a family! I can't wait. Jake is helping me get ready for the race by walking with me every night. I would like to be able to walk farther than three miles just so that I'm prepared for the three that are included in the race. Are you walking or running?
I guess I should have mentioned in my post that I am WALKING! I don't believe in running, I have a theroy about it even. You should only run when you are being chased....by something big or dangerous!
Monica-
So your coming down for the race for the cure?? I think my Mom and I are doing it in honor of my grandma, aunt, and a second mom of mine that died!
Did you order your own shirts??
I can't wait for this too! We did have a great time last year, except for the fact that I had a crying baby in the stoller! But not this year! I am excited to see everyone coming to do this with us... what a GREAT family we have!!!
Awesome!! One of these days you should try running it (ha ha ha), but then the run/walk would be over too soon. Good Luck. I'll be looking for some photos on your blog of the event. Love Ya!
Post a Comment