**Quick disclaimer for those of you that are new, or those that are not new also, to my blog.....I do not use profanity on a regular basis, but well, there was just no better way to describe this!**
Miss Carlie didn't really want to take a nap today, but she was tired and whiny and I put her down anyway. I knew she never really went to sleep, but she wasn't crying, so I let her have "quiet time". Her cousin, Tylie came up to play, so I went to get her up. As I opened her door, an overpowering stench hit me! Who knew poo makes a great finger paint on a canvas of pale pink sheets? WHAT. THE. HECK?!?! I know kids do this, and maybe my brain is failing me here, but I don't think any of MY kids have! Yuck, yuck and double, triple YUCK! I think I have honestly washed her sheets seven times in the last five days, with her having the flu and now this.
I felt bad for getting a bit (ok, super) mad at her in her bed and then the tub while I cleaned her up. I decided I better take some time and do her hair cute, seeing as how it's harder to be mad when she looks really cute! All I can say is this was one shitty afternoon, and I hope we don't have repeat anytime soon (ok, not ever again)! She is a pretty cute girl don't you think?

12 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Oh my! What a creative child you have! I can relate to washing the sheets a million times. This is the moment that motherhood is at its glorious!! Oh man, bet her being potty trained is even a more motivating factor!
Wow, that's all I can say. I have wondered over the years just when that experience is going to happen to me, because I hear a lot of people have to go through it. I am hoping to slid through this life without having to clean up after poo poo finger painting...who knew it would be such a great art medium.
Friend-
Just the profanity in the title of your blog, and I knew your day was bad too. If you have to see a good side of it, at least it was the sheets, and not the carpet! Yuck!
Tenney was supposed to sleep over at Chad's Moms tonight, and started acting funny, so me being the worrier, didn't let her go.
She has thrown up 3 times as of now! Yucky!! I guess it's our turn. ~ At least it came after our trip!
PS: I love her hair! ~ And, of course the bows. Was the style from that website?? Too cute! ~ Even with her poor lip! :(
Ann, I hope Tenney didn't get the sickys from us? I'll feel terrible! I used to do her hair in one row like that all the time when it was so curly, just to control the top. I thought I would tweek it a bit today and try two. I mostly did it so I could try pulling back her bangs, after we talked about that this morning. I'm still trying to decide if I should grow them out or leave them? I hope everyone else doesn't get sick :( Hang in there friend...and call if you need a minuite to unload!
I am SO sorry! If I would've known I would not have left my kids! Just remember, it could always be worse. Do you remember when Bryson did that all over his room? In the carpet, on the walls, in the slats of the heat vents, on the blinds, and worst of all, in all the cracks of the two log beds??? And I was pregnant with Ty so it was completely sickening! So just remember that it could always be worse! Love Ya!
OK THAT IS SO SO FUNNY!! I know it was not funny at the time but seriously look at the picture and her face! I guess potty training isn't going all that great?
Sheesh, I have told people that girls have a lot more energy and determination then boys!! This is so funny thanks for posting your crappy day!
Carlie looks cute both ways, but I think I like her having bangs still at this age better. I started " no bangs "with Tenney in Kindergarten... When I didn't want to deal with doing them every morning!
Monica, I am glad you found my blog! I have to confess that I found yours a couple weeks ago. I tried to email you but my email button thingy would not connect. Your little Carlie is SOOOOO cute! You are really awesome!! We moved from Santaquin about a year ago and are enjoying our new house. We will have to get together with the group and do cheese fries! It is great to catch up with you! Marla
I have no idea why that went in withouy my name but it is mine.
Monica,
54 questions! Copy and paste and answer them when you can! You've just been tagged!
1. Song that always makes you sad?
2. Last thing you bought?
3. Last person you argued with?
4. One of your stuffed animals' names as a kid?
5. Did you ever own at one time own a Michael Jackson Cd?
6. Favorite day of the week?
7. Did you take Piano lessons?
8. Most frequent song played? Right now?
9. T.V. show you secretly enjoy?
10. Favorite scents?
11. Date someone older or younger?
12. One place you could travel right now?
13 Favorite time of the day?
14. Do you know all the words to the national anthem?
15. Something you're wearing right now?
16. Job you've had?
17. Did you go to your high school prom?
18. Perfect time to wake up?
19. Perfect time to go to bed?
20. Favorite soda?
21. Ever been in a car accident? Can i get a hell yeah?
22. Closer to mom or dad...or neither?
23. Who would you want on a deserted island with you?
24. Have you been bungee jumping?
25. Favorite ice cream flavor?
26. Do you have an article of clothing you have had since you were in high school?
27. Did you play high school sports? .
28. Were you ever in a school talent show?
29. What are you allergic to?
30. Have you watched sex and the city?
31. Fun place you lived?
32. Do you shampoo first in the shower or soap?
33. Wet the toothbrush or brush dry with the toothpaste?
34. Blue or black ink?
35. Have you ever gambled at a casino?
36. Have you thrown up on a plane?
37. Have you thrown up in a car?
38. Favorite cartoon as a kid?
39. favorite childhood tv show?
40. Who was your first roommate?
41. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk for the first time?
42. What was your first car?
43. What was the last movie you saw? .
44. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown?
45. Who was your first grade teacher?
46. Where did you go on your first airplane ride?
47. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with?
48. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them?
49. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
50. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsman?
51. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
52. What were some concerts you have attended?
53. First tattoo or piercing?
54. First celebrity crush?
I'm so sorry! That hasn't happened to me yet (knock on wood). I think my kids are just as grossed out about that stuff as I am. Although I have to say that I would rather clean up that mess then all of Trae's accidents. he wasn't really truely potty trained until last fall.
Post a Comment