I just have to say that I had a great day today! It started out with rushing to get everyone ready for Church,well, because I slept longer than I should have. But once I got there, it was great! My Sunbeams were cute, they always are, though I only had 2. We made it through ALL of sacrament meeting, which is rare for us. I try really hard to stay, but once we take the sacrament, if the kids are too loud or naughty, we usually just have to leave..... I can't really take one out and leave the others in by themselves. Derrick wanted to go for a ride when we got home, so we changed and jumped in the truck. We really didn't have a destination in mind. I felt like my Uncle Doug and Aunt Nita, who used to go for a Sunday drive and end up at our house 2 hours away or in Wyoming at another Aunts 7 hours away! We didn't quite go that far, but ended up at Yuba Lake. The weather was SO nice and the water was beautiful.... I was really wishing we had brought our boat. The kids played on the beach and the dock and Derrick and I went for a walk on the beach. Carlie kept asking where the boat was, I think she is going to be our little water girl. We decided to keep driving north to Levan and then around to the East dock. We hiked a little bit there and the kids played on the rocks and chased lizards. We went through Fayette and then Gunnison where we stopped and ate, next was Salina. Between Salina and Scipio we went up to the Maple Grove camp area. Neither Derrick or I had been up there in years, maybe even since before we were married. It was a bit chilly there, so we didn't stay long, but I think we want to go back and camp sometime this summer. From there we made our way home. It was such a nice day, the kids laughed and played, the weather was spectacular, and we didn't even hear much whining or fighting, the kids (OK, and me) colored in the car and were really pretty good. It was such a nice break from the regular routine we've fallen into. My only regret, I forgot my camera. I could have taken SO many cute pictures!
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Mini Sunday Vacation!
Posted by {Mo} at 7:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
What a fun Dearden sabbath day activity! I wish you would have remembered your camera! Chad's family used to always camp at Maple Grove! We have gotten a few of our christmas trees from around there. Too fun!!
There is nothing better than a good sunday drive. I can't wait till Jeremy gets home and we can start doing those again, I miss that. How lucky are you that your kids didn't fight! Fun, fun!
Too fun! We love to drive around down south too! Excellent family time it sounds like!
Monica, those are the days memories are made of. That is really awesome. I have to say that I think and have always thought that you are an awesome mom!
Post a Comment