Friday, April 18, 2008

Flashback Friday!

(back) Monica, Eva, Lisa,(front) Kyle & Shad Beckstrand
This is one of my favorite pictures, and one of the only ones I have with my Great-Grandma Beckstrand. This was at the hospital after she moved there. We lived across the street from her, when I was 5 or 6. What a special lady she was, I have some good memories of her! She was the mother of 5 sons, one of whom was my Grandpa, I'm sure they kept her very busy!

Well, I haven't just written about the regular goings on at the Dearden house lately, so I'm going to add that in. It's crazy here right now and will be for the next few days. My sister and her friends from school, go for a girls weekend every year, and this is that weekend....so, it's kid central here. We went from 3 hooligans to 6 hooligans! Really it hasn't been bad, but we'll see if I still feel that way on Sunday! It's been nice that the kids have been able to get out to play. I'm looking forward to summer, and the kids are too. Both the boys will be going to half a day of summer school. T-ball will start for Kaleb soon, but Brock decided he didn't want to play this year. Derrick has a new part-time job keeping up the Meadow park this summer. I know that he'll do a super job. He is such a hard worker and keeps busy with his full-time teaching job, and now 2 part time jobs! I'm stressing about girls camp.....there is just so much to do, and I really don't know where to start! I know it will all work out in the end, but it's hard not to worry now! I think we might finally be over the yucky flu that has plagued us this past week. All in all, things have been good here. I hope everything is good for all of you!

3 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Suzanne said...

Monica,
6 children is a ton, especially when 3 are not yours! Woman, you are a Saint for doing this for your sister. Especially when you have sick children too. So, where are you with Girls Camp? Did you pick a theme? Do you have assistants? I am curious where you are at! - Suzanne

Ann Marie said...

Friend-

I am sorry we added to your stress list today! Thanks so much for letting us hang out there for so long, and feeding us such a yummy dinner! You are THE greatest friend!!

I LOVE the picture. Especially the hair! You remind me of someone. I just can't think of who??

Me said...

I love seeing old pictures. All of mine are at my parents and probably in some box stuck in the basement or something. One of my goals is to go and fish them out some day.

You are a really nice sister too. Watching the kids while she goes on a trip. I don't know if I could do it. Anyways, it sounds like you guys are having fun doing it.