Wednesday was the annual pinewood derby at Scouts. Brock was SO excited about this. When he got his car last month he had me look up plans and was ready to get started. Well, we didn't actually get started until TUESDAY afternoon? Why do we always put everything off? I was super glad I have a handy husband and it all ended up working out, but we were honestly putting the wheels on 15 min. before it was time to go (I have to admit I was not very patient or nice at that point and, well, I do feel bad about that). My dad is the Cub master and it's been fun to have him working with the grandsons. We only had 6 boys there, but that was plenty of chaos for me. It's fun to watch how excited they get. Both Brock and Carson had equally slow cars, at least they were together in that. We noticed that the boys who had done this before, or the boys that had older brothers who had done this, did MUCH better then us greenies! I guess that just means next year we will be spectacular and of course, next year our car will be done weeks in advance!
Friday, May 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
At least everyone had fun right?
I thought he came in first place because of his smile!
N
Ours is next week and I will be at Youth Conference--shoot! I hope Brian does good with David at the event! Pinewood Derby's are a blast!
Ah, the good ol' cub scouts. That is such a fun calling! They are so much fun at that age. I mean c'mon, a Pine Wood Derby. That is so awesome! And I agree, it is about the experience, not the win. And based upon the smile on his face, you did very well, mom.
I am really not looking forward to this once Trae can do it. He gets alittle competitive and I hate to get his feelings hurt. It looks like everyone had a good time though.
Post a Comment