Sunday, May 11, 2008

Race for the CURE!

The Beckstrand Girls
Lisa, Monica, Julia, Katy, and Carlene

I just have to say what a GREAT time we had doing the Race for the Cure this weekend with the girls! This is the second year I've done it, & it's just amazing to me. They estimated that there were 17,000 participants. I can't even explain looking over this sea of people as far as you can see, and realizing that all of them have been touched in some way by breast cancer. We didn't end up sticking together, so when we crossed the finish line, the rest of the family was on the sky walk cheering for us! We all went to breakfast/lunch after. I always love it when we get together, it's just FUN! My mom and the girls in my family made a weekend of it, leaving Friday and then shopping Saturday. It was nice to get away from the kids for a bit and have girl time, I love that Derrick makes that work for me every now and again. A big THANKS to my Aunt Suzi for getting us all together to do something fun for a great cause! I can't wait to do it again next year.

DOT'S DARLINGS

(Back) Lisa, Tosha, Leslie, Kristen, Suzi, Nita, Monica,

(Front) Melisa, Stacey, Katy, Julia, & Carlene

3 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

Cute pictures! I am so glad you and your family have started doing this! What a great tradition, and good husband for sitting! :)

Suzanne said...

How much fun you must of had! I love those kind of races, those that have a wonderful purpose and meaning to the runners/walkers! You go girl!

Me said...

I am so glad that you did this. I have done the ms walk and some others and I always enjoy them. I wish I could have done this one, but I thought that I had to work. Congrats on doing though. You are awesome.