Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day Sunday

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mom's out there! We are blessed to have some great moms in our lives.....Mom, Jeannie, Sheri, Grandma Beckstrand, Grandma Stevens, and Grandma Neva. We love you all and hope you had a great day! My boys spoiled me this year. Brock made me a cute picture frame at scouts with a picture of the cutest scout in the whole troop. He also made me a card and a butterfly wind chime at school. Kaleb gave me a flower in the cutest pot I've ever seen. It says "Worlds Best Mom" on it, with butterflies and hearts all around it. I'm thinking it must have been made by a great artist, probably the best in the whole kindergarten.
Derrick had me pick up my gift over the weekend. I'm super excited to WALK with my new jogging stroller. I've wanted one for a long time, and I'm thinking that maybe this will motivate me to get out and get some exercise. Carlie keeps asking if we are going to walk and wants to go right now! Maybe this will even motivate me to want to run? I'm just not a runner and I feel like you should only run if something dangerous is chasing you! Maybe, just maybe that will change? Anyway, thanks babe.... I love it!

I also got set apart in a new calling today. I'm not sure yet how I feel about this one......Primary Chorister. I really was quite happy with my Sunbeams. I don't really like being in front of people, or in the spotlight. Aren't primary choristers notorious for being bubbly and happy and fun? Well, that's just not me. I may be ok with the posters and such but, well I need good ideas and you guys can help me I know you can! Pretty Please....help me!

5 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

Darling presents! ~ And I'm jealous of the jogging stroller! ~ I have an old one for big kids, but I really need one that I can put Mary in!!

I KNOW you are going to be awesome in your calling! ~ And you don't HAVE to be bubbly! Just be yourself, and the kids will love everything you do!

Glad you had such a good weekend friend! :)

Suzanne said...

Wow a jogger! How lucky are you!

Don't stress about the calling! I think that you could have a ton of fun with this calling. I know that our primary chorister loves to humiliate my husband all the time. Kids love that! Some of the things that she did was make the teachers wear goofy hats if the kids sang something. Another thing that the kids went nuts over was she asked all the male teachers to wear an old tie to primary. If the kids did something then the cut the tie off until it got to the very top. Brian said they were just going crazy when they did that. Sorry, I am not more specific on what the children had to do. I am pulling this off of my memory of what Brian told me. Hey, the tie one would be a great way to get rid of some of the ugly ties, right?
-Suzanne

Shalise said...

What a calling you will have. If you do not know the website; sugardoodles it is great! It has awesome resources, just thought I would pass it onto you:)

Me said...

I am sad to see a fellow sunbeams teacher leave. But you will do an amazing job as the chorister. Your presents are really cool btw. I will have to write about mine soon. Trae gave me a flower in a small too so I really laughed when I saw yours!

Marla said...

That is halarious. My new motto is only run is something dangerous is chasing you! That is great. That flower is precious. I love those kinds of gifts! Congrats on the new calling. You will be great. Just remember to embrace your inner dotk and you will do well.