Saturday, May 24, 2008

Mini Photo Shoot!

This next week is going to be an exciting one around here.....My BIL, Jer, who has been in Iraq for the last year is scheduled to come home on Monday! I am SUPER excited for their little family. I have been amazed over the last year how supportive and generous everyone has been. Today, my SIL, brother Dad and 2 of her good friends have spent most of the day helping her with the yard and cleaning her house to help her get ready, since she hurt her back and hasn't been able to do it.
Anyway, that isn't the point of my post. A sweet lady in our ward saw some Americana fabric and wanted to make a dress for my niece Tylie. This lady is an AMAZING seamstress, she looked at Carlie at church (since Tylie wasn't there then), went home and whipped up a dress, no pattern, no measurements. Can you say WOW! She brought it by and realized Carlie is taller than Tylie, so she went home and made another one. Well, she gave Carlie the first one, Yea, lucky us. I just have to say the dress is darling, but I am in love with the slip. It's so old fashioned and well.....just ME! I fell in love with it when I saw it and was going to ask her to make me one, well now I have one. I just had to take some pictures, and I think most of them turned out pretty good for an amateur. I had her sit on an old desk that was taken from the old school here in town. I also added in a suitcase I love, that my Grandpa took on his mission to South Africa, probably 60 years ago, you can see they painted the address right on the suitcase. Some of them totally show her silly personality. My favorite is the one I added to the side of my blog, but I'm adding a quick slide show of a few others. Enjoy our little mini photo shoot!


6 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

Oh-my-GOSH! You know I'd LOVE it!
You did such a good job. I love the pict's of all of the kids. ~ And I love that you did it in sepia. Does this lady take orders?

I LOVE the dress and the slip. You already know that I covet the old trunk, and desk!
Awesome friend! I love, love, love it ALL!!!

Shalise said...

I love the Slip as well, I though it was a dress... Cute pictures! Who took the pictures? They look awesome!
Thanks for sharing, I love the dress- I want one.

Lisa said...

Mo, you are totally hired to do pics of Tylie in her dress, and my boys like your boys since they are all SO DANG CUTE!!! I was so excited to give the dress to you when she brought me another one.

Thanks for all you help the past two days with the kids. The timing of my little injury totally sucks. You are a total lifesaver and I couldn't have survived without your help. Thanks again!

Suzanne said...

Well look at you! Your a photographer at heart! Loved the pictures and loved the dress. This woman is awesome! And how exciting for your sister? How wonderful that will be for her! God Bless Our Troops!

Me said...

I can't believe how amazing the photos are. You are so good at everything you do! And I absolutely love the dress. You have the most amazing experiences and I love to read all about them.

Marilee said...

Did Grandma Terry "whip" up those darling dresses? What a woman! Congratulations on your photography skills. I'm glad to hear that your BIL is returning home safe and sound (it's kind of fun to have a Snow College blast from the past). Hey, have a great week!!