Tonight was the Elementary school program, "Gettin' Down All Around with Mama Goose". The kids have been practicing for this at least a month now, learning the songs and dances. I hear from my inside source (my mom teaches 4th grade) how much time goes into this. They have great props and decorations, and it really is a big production.
Posing at home after it's all over!
Brock's 2nd grade class danced to "Footloose". They used jump ropes as props. All the boys had bright green t-shirts and the girls wore pink with a flower in their hair. Brock didn't think it was fair that the girls got 2 things and the boys only got one, like he would have wanted a flower for his hair? Brock and Sydney (Derrick's little sister) have been in the same class both last year and this year. They always seem to end up close to each other in their dances and it's fun to get to watch them both.
Swingin' that jump rope!
All the 2nd graders, Brock is right behind his teacher in the middle.
What a cute grin!
My mom's class did a dance to "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and had glow sticks as props and the lights were turned out half way through, it really turned out cool. My mom had to lead two of the songs and wasn't really excited about that....but she did GREAT! At least she didn't have to be the teacher that dressed up like a girl pig in a dress and boa and danced while the kids sang, it took me a minute to realize that it was Mr. Johnson, my 1st grade teacher. It will be fun to see what they come up with next year! I can't believe I almost forgot, the best part of the night.....My great SIL, Julia called and offered to watch Carlie for us! I can't even tell you how much easier it was without her there. Thank heavens for great family!
2 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Cute boys! I love it when the school does these! Tenney did the chicken dance last year.
I vote that your Mom does clogging next year! ~ If she does, I PROMISE I'll come! :)
Monica,
Your boys are SSSOOO dang cute! That is so awesome that the school does this program. I had no idea. And too awesome that you had family help out with Carlie! What a great night, sounded like a blast!
-Suzanne
Post a Comment