I woke up this morning and realized~ I HAVE ONE WEEK UNTIL GIRLS CAMP! Well, now I'm just a little stressed. I finally made it down to the church yesterday to go through supplies and see what the ward has. I brought the tents home to set up and see how they work and how big they are. I seriously have so much to do. Why, do I always leave things to the last minute? You would think I would learn. I really did get a lot done yesterday, and I know it will all come together, but until then.....it's stress time for me, and unfortunately that means my family gets neglected. As if camp wasn't enough, Derrick's friend is coming on Thursday to brick a chimney and wood stove surround for us. I am SUPER excited that it is finally going to get done, since I've been waiting oh, 18 months or so, but this isn't really the best week. I'm not complaining, not even a little bit. This is one big project that I've been wanting done. I can't wait to post before and after pictures. And, yes Ann, I will be posting camp prep. pictures soon too!
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Wow-just a week till girls camp. I'm so jealous. I never went when I was in young womens and I am starting to feel bad about it now that everyone is going (or has gone) as leaders.
I would be excited about the brick too-just bad timing is all. But it always tends to work out in the end. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Yay! You didn't tell me that they were bricking this week. Awesome!
I love projects completed. :)
I can't wait to see the pictures of all of the cute stuff your doing. You'd best be taking the camera to Girls camp also!
Go Monica, Go Monica! Wow, you guys have your girls camp early! Just think, you are almost done. BTW you never told me your theme! -Suzanne
Hey, I remember the Pinewood Derby thing in Scouts. Derrick & Nicks’ Dad helped them with theirs’…since Ted is a great mechanic and etc. As a matter of fact Derrick (Brocks dad) (of course) took a blue ribbon, and went on to the state Derby races. Seems like he took 3rd there and had some trouble with his car. I/we were still living in Fillmore, and I brought Derrick and Nicholas up to Salt Lake or Provo to the State races. Somewhere in my mess at home I do have photo’s…some I have seen in recent days of the State derby races, and the ribbons he won. Wow this floods back memories. Does Derrick remember his derby???
Have a great day!!! And You GO BROCK!!! YOU ROCK, and A big ole hello to the other kids to. Kaleb and Carlie!!!
Grandma Jeannie
Okay.....best of luck in finishing up with Girl's camp prep!! It will be so fun when it is all said and done. I know all will be organized Monica style and that everything will turn out just dandy!! My thoughts are with you this week (and next).
You can do it. I have girls camp in a coule weeks. I am just a leader so I don't have to "DO" it. If you know what I mean. That is a HUGE job. You will have the time of your life. Your girls will have a blast as well. Good luck. I will keep you in my prayers.
Thank you for your encouraging comment. I'm doing my best and that's all I can do I guess. Everything is tough right now, so it's a struggle, but we're gonna make it. I am soooo looking forward to Yellowstone!!! It'll be a nice out. Thank you for the Birthday wish! ENJOY GIRLS CAMP!! I can't wait to hear about it.
Love, Leslie
Post a Comment