The next morning the girls had hikes. Sometime during that day one of our girls got misplaced and well, I was a bit stressed, but it all worked out ok. The talk that night was a seminary teacher, Brother Wilkins and his wife, they were so great....plus it was either warmer or we were more prepared for the cold! I was the last one to bed that night and then the last one up the next morning. I'm really not cut out to be the leader, I just don't do well without sleep. We played some fun games around the fire and did you know that glow stick open up if you stick the ends in the fire? The girls had a bunch of fun flicking the glow stuff all over so they all were glowing!
B, N, A & C Being Silly Girls!
Day 3 was certification and I lost at rock, paper, scissors and ended up being the leader to go~ not really my idea of fun. The skits were that afternoon, and I laughed so hard. We did Samuel the Lamenite, but modern day. The girls were deflecting the arrows with skateboards. The ones shooting were supposed to miss, but poor K got hit right in the eye. After that no one could quit laughing.
My Girls, Kels & James....Check out that hair!
We had the Bishopric come that night and had our big last night program. I was stressed about this one, usually the stake does a fantastic spiritual program and well, it's just amazing. This year they decided to turn it over to the wards to do their own thing. AHHHH, there is no way I could measure up to what the girls were used to. We played Fear Factor to start out the evening. We started with easy things like unwrapping chocolate with only a knife and blowing bubbles. Then had a relay moving live fish from bucket to bucket. We had a bucket of worms with marbles you had to get out, it wouldn't have been too bad, but one of the worms died and it SMELLED! The girls ate some BBQed meal worm things, ick! We thought we were done, but the girls dared each other to swallow the live fish and I think 4 or 5 of them did. Whatever? Can I just tell you I have the best sister? She did the fry bread for our Navajo tacos and made honey butter, plus she ended up singing for our program! I'm one lucky gal! We had a Sister from our ward talk, can I just say perfect. It was just what I wanted. She talked to the girls about choices and how they affect our lives. She centered it all on Christ and likened Him to the North Star. It was perfect. Lis and one of the YW pres. sang "A Prophets Prayer", if you haven't heard this you have to listen to it, I love this song and it makes me cry everytime I hear it. We had our testimony meeting and WOW, we have the best girls! I can honestly say I liked the last night program in the ward better and all the girls I asked did too. I felt lucky to have two of my previous YW and camp leaders three that night. I had been thinking, how unappriciative I was of my leaders and all they did for me and was gratefull I got to thank them, though it was a bit late!
Nice Bubble, Lis!
Run C Run! (fish relay)
Friday we slept in and went to flag ceremony, had breakfast and then loaded up to go home, because we slept in we were the last ward to leave, honestly the sleep was worth it! I really did have a good time, bring on the I told you so's, Lis and Ann. Our ward only had 8 girls, but they were the best 8 girls. I was so glad Kels and James, my girls, came to hang out with me a lot cause I just love them, they're gems. One of the speakers told the girls what a shame it would be if they left exactly the same as when they came, well I didn't leave the same. My testimony grew so much and there will always be a special place in my heart for those 8 girls and my leaders who are now great friends! Also, a big huge THANKS to Derrick and my mom who kept the kids all week, I honestly didn't worry about them at all! What a Cute Bunch of Girls!
GO SK8 STARS!

7 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Here's my "I told you so"! There is just no way that you couldn't love girls camp! I was SO jealous that you were in charge and I didn't even get to go like planned. You definately do leave a different person. There is just a closeness that you get with the girls and the other leaders. I am so glad that you got this opportunity and now know why I LOVE the girls and the YW program. And it was no big deal to do the fry bread, you know that I love doing that and was happy to help you with whatever you needed!
Yay! You did a fantastic job! I know that we all stress about having a perfect girls camp, but when it comes down to it, if the girls are having fun, a good spirit is there, then it doesn't matter what the theme was! I am so glad you came back feeling like you have grown. I love girls camp and I would not miss it for the world. Great job, Monica! You deserve a pedicure or a massage now! -Suzanne
Yay!! I am sooo glad your back! I missed your comments on my blog, and missed knowing that I could just call you and chat.
I'm so glad that it all went well!!It couldn't be bad with you in charge!! I love girls camp, and so grateful that you had such a good time. I knew you would though! :)
Can I ask why this girl picked up a snake in the woods? Um Hello? Yuck! I laughed when I saw her face close up.
I wish I could do a girls camp with you. What fun would we have... So glad that you came back better, and with some new found friends! I have to admit... It makes me miss YW. :)
Only 8 girls, eh? We have more than 20 girls going to Camp this year. Sounds like everything went well and that fun was had by all! Good Job!! (so now, take a two week break and start planning for next year) :)
It sounds like it turned out great! I am excited to co in 9 days now. YIKES! You are such a fun and great person that I know it was what the Lord desired for his daughters. I have to give the devotion on the morning we leave. I think I will talk about leaving different than when they came. Thanks for sharing!
It sounds and looks like you had alot of fun. I still with that I would have at least gone to camp one year, but I was always traveling with my mom. I have to agree with Ann though, what was that girl doing with the snake?
Good Job Monica!!! Hat's off to you. I loved seeing the pictures of Kelsey and Jamie of course. I had heard about Jamie's hair, but WOW!!!
Glad you had a great time.
Post a Comment