We just got home from our yearly outing to the local burnout contest. You know a little good old fashioned white trash fun! Fillmore does this every year on the last Saturday in June along with the ATV Jamboree, and a car show in the park. For those of you who have not been lucky enough to have ever attended such an outing, here's how it works~ You line up at the starting line which has been wet down and spin those tires for all you're worth & for as long as you can! Each car gets 3-4 tries. Derrick's cousin Richie drove this year and asked if either of our boys wanted to go with him, of course Brock was all over that and felt pretty cool. One of the little Pink Ladies from the hospital (she is like 70 something) even drove with two of her friends and I just have to say she was one of the best! After we had inhaled enough smoke, we walked through the park and I drooled at all the cars.....I'm such a car girl, I think I want a car to fix up as much or more than Derrick does. I was bummed because I forgot my camera and couldn't get any good pictures. Anyhow, it was fun, but I'm happy to be back in my air conditioned house!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Good Old Small Town FUN!
Posted by {Mo} at 2:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Sounds like alot of fun! I'll have to remember it next year so I can experience such and outing.
I feel bad we missed it this year. Was Uncle Bob burnin out this year? I bet it didn't compare to the "tribute burnout" he did at Jer's mom's funeral! Now that's classy!
Lis,
Uncle Bob, Aunt Stacey and Morgan were all burnin! You missed out on a regular family reunion. But~ NOTHING will ever compare with the funeral "tibute burnout"....classy!
Oh, the white trash fun! We did it tonight too at the Demolition Derby. I had fun doing the concession stand with Suzanne!
And the winner for the White Trahiest goes to that event alone! Seriously! That cracks me up! -Suzanne
Post a Comment