Sunday, June 29, 2008

WAAHOO Brock!

We loaded up the boat this afternoon and headed over to Yuba Lake. I know it's Sunday, but well, we have to compromise at our house a bit. Most of you all know about my water issues, and unfortunately, though I've tried hard not to let it happen, my kids (especially the boys) have picked up some of my water wimpiness. Derrick gets frustrated by it, and I feel bad. Well, today Brock decided he was going to try the knee board. We were getting ready to load up to head home and he said he wanted to go. I honestly thought there was no way he would, but HE DID IT! He went all the way from the North beach almost to the docks, which is quite a way. I can't even tell you how proud of him I am, I truly was almost to cry. It was so cute to watch him, one minute he would have his darling big grin and the next he would be looking really nervous, then Carlie would clap and yell "Yea, Bubba" and he would start grinning again. I wish I would have remembered my camera, but at least I had the cell phone so I could get a picture even if it's not the greatest. It really was a brave day for all the kids~ Kaleb just spontaneously jumped off the back of the boat, which never happens without some coaxing and Carlie fell in and wasn't upset in the least, in fact she loved it and was mad when I pulled her out (she's our water baby). My brave moment for the day was talking in sacrament, which is a pretty big deal for me! I'd have to say it was a super Sunday!
Way to go BROCK!

10 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Suzanne said...

Wow, that is incredibly hard for me! Way to go Brock! I get myself up on the wakeboard and then I have no idea what to do next and so I stand there until my arms get tired or a wave from another boat comes and then I just let go! Pretty soon, Brock will be out doing me and he will only be 7! Oh man! ;) -Suzanne

Ann Marie said...

I forgot that you guys still had the boat! Oh what fun that looks like! We'll have to all go boating sometime. Like how I invite myself? Hope your weekend was good!

~Sheri D~ said...

WTG Brock! and Kaleb! and we know Carlie loves the water. I'm sure you did an awesome job speaking in sacrament. After all the craziness of last week you guys deserved a Super Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Brock! We are so proud of you. I know that was a big deal for you and now you know that you can do anything you want to if you put your mind to it and keep trying. Love ya, Gram and Papa.

Me said...

That is so cool. I wish I was a lake right now. I have been to Yuba once and really liked it-but it was a loooooong time ago.

Marla said...

I am proud of him. He faced his fear and won. That is awesome. It will be easier for him next time too.

Marla said...

I am proud of him. He faced his fear and won. That is awesome. It will be easier for him next time too.

Lisa said...

I knew he would do it, it just took him a little bit of time to get ready! Good job Brockers! I can't wait till we can go again! I LOVE IT!!!

Miss Megan said...

Monica-
Just wanted to comment and say that I love the new blog title...very creative and I also LOVE our new chimney/fireplace! Beautiful! Want to come work on my house next?

DeVries Family said...

Wow! I have to admit that I have still never been brave enough to do that! Something about a boat dragging me is overwhelming...big chicken (I know), but oh well! I am impressed!