I know the weekend isn't technically over, but well, I'm ready to share now, because it was a fun one. Derrick's mom came to stay with us and his brother Nick, his wife Amber and their baby Kanyon were here from Oklahoma, but they stayed at Derrick's dads house. Thursday night they came over and brought Sydney and we did some fireworks in the backyard. It was fun to watch Kanyon see the fireworks for the first time.
Derrick, Sydney, Carlie, Grandma Jeannie, Kanyon, Amber, Kaleb & Brock
(Nick must have been lighting the fireworks)
Brock was in the parade in Fillmore on the 4th. They asked all the Primary kids in the Stake, eight and older to wear yellow shirts and carry a yellow balloon that they released in front of the soldiers who have served in Iraq this last year as a tribute to them. My brother-in-law, Jeremy was one of those soldiers....Thanks Jer! The rest of us watched the parade, which seemed longer this year, from our usual spot in front of Dearden Equipment. We went over to the park, but the lines for food were long and it was hot, so we didn't stay and ended up going to Carl's Jr. to eat before heading home to have a nap! But, before we left the park Kaleb pulled out his first tooth!
Brock was in the parade in Fillmore on the 4th. They asked all the Primary kids in the Stake, eight and older to wear yellow shirts and carry a yellow balloon that they released in front of the soldiers who have served in Iraq this last year as a tribute to them. My brother-in-law, Jeremy was one of those soldiers....Thanks Jer! The rest of us watched the parade, which seemed longer this year, from our usual spot in front of Dearden Equipment. We went over to the park, but the lines for food were long and it was hot, so we didn't stay and ended up going to Carl's Jr. to eat before heading home to have a nap! But, before we left the park Kaleb pulled out his first tooth!
Brock was excited to get to walk in the parade, and he looked pretty cute doing it too!
Jeannie and our family met up with my parents and sibs at the fireworks and then the whole clan ended up coming back here to do some more fireworks. All the boys got a little too into helping and I was being the paranoid mom as usual. We took Derrick's mom on a four-wheeler ride up the canyon today thinking we would get out of the heat, but it wasn't much cooler there. It was nice to have a few days off from the normal routine to enjoy some family time!
Who doesn't love fireworks? I have to say for a small town, Fillmore puts on a GREAT fireworks show!
I think this was my favorite picture of the entire day!
Or maybe this one of the Four Amigos!
(Bryson, Kaleb, Brock & Carson)

4 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Fun, fun. Fillmore does have the best fireworks ever! And what cute kids!!!
Sounds like you ALL had a good time. I am glad Jeannie could share some fun family moments with all of her grandkids.
It looks like you put on a great show:)
I LOVE small town fireworks! :)
Oneday I hope to see your towns!
I love the picture of Carlie and Derrick too. Priceless picture!
It was fun to watch the fireworks with all the kids! I turned to Dad and mentioned that all of my "baby chicks" were there. What could be better!
Post a Comment