Thursday, July 17, 2008

Sweet Boys

I woke up this morning with a pretty bad headache, since the kiddos were still snoozing, I went back to bed to see if more sleep would help. Kaleb was the first one up (he always is) and he just turned on a show to watch. When Carlie woke up he got her out of bed and she watched with him. Brock is like me when morning comes around and will sleep as long as he can, but he even beat me today. The boys came in and told me I needed to come into the kitchen because they had made me breakfast......this is what I found~


Pink Lemonaid, last nights french bread, string cheese, 5 crackers (for some reason they kept telling me there were 5) and cheerios with milk, with a sweet note.

How cute and sweet is that? The only thing is I very seldom eat breakfast, and if I do, I rarely put milk on my cereal....soggy cereal just turns my stomach. I did my best to eat a few bites and said thank you about 50 times. I love the thought that they put into it, I really do have some pretty great kids!

11 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Robinson Family said...

That is so sweet. you'll have to keep that note forever. Your family is so cute!

Suzanne said...

Ahhh, what wonderful children you have. That is the sweetest thing they did and that was so nice you tried to get the soggy cereal down. When you see the youth do great things like this, full credit goes to the parents! Way to go Mo! -Suzanne

Lisa said...

How cute. I love that you put the not on here too. What good kids you have to let you go back to sleep!

Me said...

So how did you train your kids to do that. Elie will come in and throw her bottle at me and DEMAND more milk. Then Trae always has to make sure that I am really there just by waking me up. He has this phobia that he'll wake up and we'll all be gone without him. That is so sweet though. What a nice suprise-especially when you don't feel up to par

Marilee said...

Sheesh! Your boys must have learned some smoosher tips from their dad--way to go!!

Ann Marie said...

The cutest!! See.. being at home with all it's glory and mo-ments!

Man, what's with me today? I was teary-eyed reading the note!
A keeper for sure!

Ann Marie said...

BTW- Leah is blogging now!
Check out her cute blog, and leave a comment! ~ Also, did I tell you to check out cupcake chowder already? If not, check it out!

Where is my brain???

Colledge Family said...

Your kids sound so cute (since I don't really know them that well). I have been looking at your blog too, and I love it! So I'm glad you got a kick out of watching Katie at church...she's turning into quite the little terrible two! My mom keeps telling me it will pass, and I just keep hoping it's sooner than later!!

Ann Marie said...

Friend-
Heather became a blogger overnight too! Check her out on my sidebar!

Heather said...

Hi Monica, I have been looking at your blog off and on. This is the first time I have left a comment. Thanks for the comment you left on mine. I am going to add you to my lists of blogs. I hope you don't mind. I loved this post because it shows how thoughtful and adorable your kids are. Too cute!:)

DeVries Family said...

I love that! How sweet and thoughtful your cute little boys are! You are one of the luckiest mommies I know...such great kids...definitley some of the best I know!