Who doesn't love a good surprise? My mom called me earlier in the week and told me she had something for me and that I would like it. I couldn't for the life of me imagine what it might be? So, when she gave me an antique cracker tin that I've really wanted, I was super surprised. Then I found out what she went through to get it and that made me love it even more. My parents stopped at some antique stores as they drove to Yellowstone for our family trip, and at one they saw a Premium cracker tin. Both my Grandma Beckstrand and my mom have this same one, and I've wanted one for my home. While we were in Yellowstone my mom told me she had seen one and I was bummed that she didn't get it. They tried to stop on the way home, but the store was closed on Mondays. My dad found the number on the internet and after many calls my mom finally got a hold of someone. Well they didn't have a credit card machine, so she had to send a check for it. After a long wait it finally got here, and she was right I DO love it! It is sitting on my counter full of crackers and every time I've looked at it this week it's made me happy!
We got another surprise yesterday morning when Derrick went out to check on the chickens....2 eggs! Our little Easter chicks are laying eggs now. The kids were so excited, especially since they lay brown eggs. We got 2 more this morning. They are pretty tiny, as you can see in the picture, the egg in the middle is a medium size egg from the store. I'm not sure if that's just the way they are, or if they'll get bigger? Maybe I better do some research and read up. We haven't cracked one open yet either....maybe we'll get a surprise when we do? I'm all for surprises as long as they are good ones!

7 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
What good parents you have going to all that trouble. What a cool thing though that you all have the same tin? I like that your using it too, and it's not just for decor.
Yay! eggs! When Chad was little, they always collected the little brown ones to eat. The grandkids all thought it was extra cool to eat the small ones. Just think... your prepared food storage wise this way too! You can sell eggs!
Great surprises! I can't believe you are getting eggs already. Now who's job is it going to be to collect them each morning?
Your very own homegrown EGGS!?! That's fun!! I grew up with a chicken coop full of chickens. It was a "fun" chore to gather eggs and throw wheat to the hens.
Some things are worth waiting for....your crakcer tin looks spanking new!
Your mom just loves you so much, you can tell by what she went through to get the box. It's very cool too. About the eggs, I didn't even know you had chickens! I've never had fresh eggs before, so I can't comment on the tastes.
Cute tin. How exciting about the eggs.
You have Chickens!! Checking my brain.............are these the chicks from Easter! They lived??? Well lucky you! Love, love, love the Cracker tin! It is those acts of love that are unforgettable! Lucky girl! -Suzanne
Wow! You are full of surprises! What a sweet mom you have! Your parents are both such wonderful people! Anytime Brian talks about Uncle Robert and Aunt Carlene he says "I have so much respect for those two!" I have to agree!
My kids are jealous of the eggs! Especially because they are BROWN! That makes them EXTRA special! We love you guys and hope to come visit some time soon!
Post a Comment