12 Rooms, 12 favorites, one from each room.....sounds pretty easy, right? Well it wasn't. I never realized how many things I have in my house that I love. It was originally supposed to be 10 rooms/favorites, but I had to make mine 12. Enjoy...oh, I tag any of you that want to do this.
This quilt hangs on the wall in Carlie's room. My mom made it for her to match the bed skirt, bumper and curtains that I made for her room. I can't bear to put it on her bed... I know how many hours went into it!
This clock is on the wall in the boys toy room. You can't see it very well, but it has Kaleb's name and birthday on it just below the train. Each of the kids have one. Grandma Jeannie made them for Christmas this last year and they are darling!
This window is over our bed in the master bedroom. It was a window taken out of my Grandparents house many years ago and stashed in the old milk barn. We salvaged it and had a girls day adding the flowers and backing.
I love the tile in my master shower, and I like my shower curtain almost as much!
My stamp/craft closet. Derrick built the shelves so I had storage for all my stuff. I need to organize it better, but I love that everything is all in one place!
The curtains in my boys room, yes, they are my old jeans. I really wanted curtains one day and the idea just came to me in a stroke of genius (probably the one and only that I have EVER had).
One of my storage shelves. I know they look a bit bare, not like the mini grocery store that I would like, heck.....not even close to a gas station quickie mart, but there is more there than there was a month ago, and that makes me happy!
This is on the wall in my dining room. I have old gadgets hanging from the shelf and tins, bottles with buttons and a family picture on it. Plus it's my favorite red color.
My pantry door in the kitchen. We had this same door in Mona and when we built here, I wanted it again. Derrick and the guy at the store went through many catalogs and browsed many web-sites to find me this exact door. Unfortunately the picture isn't the best.
My entertainment hutch in my upstairs family room. One of the first "real" pieces of furniture we bought. It was unfinished and Derrick put it together and spent hours painting it for me...I love it! Puls, I can shut it to hide my clutter, what a bonus.
My Grandma Ainge's piano in my living room. You can see the bench is worn & there are many nicks and scratches, but I love each one. One of my Aunts told me it would re-finish beautifully, but I can't do it, I love it just the way it is. I have so many memories of standing around the piano to sing or just listening to my Grandma play, she played beautifully and I miss that so much! I'm going to sneak in another favorite, the tatted doily hanging over my piano was made by my Great Grandma Beckstrand when she was in her 80's and had horrible arthritis in her hands. There are very few of the great-grandchildren that have these and I cherish it!
The washboard in my upstairs laundry. Ann gave me this for my birthday this year because she knew I've been wanting one. This even has a dark blue wash board part that matches great!

12 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
I LOVE, LOVE your rooms and favorites! It is hard huh?? It kind of makes you more grateful when you see all of the beauty and heirlooms that surround you! :)
I am SOO proud of you and your food storage room! Progress! I hope you take a picture of it in a year. You'll be amazed at all of the food you'll accumulate!
I love you friend, and all of your favorites too!
I would have added: your front door, and old decor door! :)
That is really fun! Your house is so pretty. I would love to see some more pic of it. I LOVE your craft closet! I think it looks really organized! I also love your curtains. I think you idea is one of millions you have had!
good job! I haven't done this one yet because it would take me forever to make up my mind what to choose! I love your comments on grandma's piano... we did have some good times around it!
What a fun post. I love all of the decorating ideas you have used. It was fun to read the stories that go along with them.
Cute stuff!!! I need to get a few rooms together still.
Adorable! I love the curtain idea. Can I steal it? I was looking for something to spice up the kids room. I may try tag later. Right now I'm getting ready to move and my house is a disaster. Maybe I can try it after we get all moved in our new apartment.
Your whole house is MY favorite! You really have a beautiful home!!
Monica,
For the love, Never EVER let me in your home because I may become a burglar and steal a ton of your stuff. Hi, the blanket alone in Carlie's room is absolutely GORGEOUS! I am also standing and applauding you on the levi curtain idea! Holy cow, that is the absolutely best idea ever! I had no idea that you had such decorating talents like Ann! Your home is so neat and I am so jealous! Thank you for sharing that post with us! -Suzanne
I am glad you found us, now I can look at your cute things and all of my cousins down there. You are so crafty when I do get a house I know who I want to help me decorate.
Super Cute! I love this idea. I wish I were as creative as you are when it comes to decorating. I'm so not in love with things in my house, but I'm sure If I thought about it, I'd find something. Your home is beautiful, I'd love to see inside!!
Monica,
Your house is just darling! I think we have a lot of the same taste in decorating... with the old stuff and the red, etc.... I especially love the jeans for the topper idea! How cute is that?!
Your house is darling! I'm coveting several items in your pictures. P.S. We drove past Meadow this weekend on our way to the Shakespeare Festival and I thought of you...Hope everything is going well in your neck of the woods. Cheers!
Post a Comment