Yesterday turned out to be such a special day. I always stress so much over getting everything ready, and getting the house cleaned, and it always seems to work out. Brock looked so handsome all dressed in white. I thought the program went well, and of course when Derrick and I did the spotlight, I cried. I cry over everything, I don't know why I thought this would be different, but I was crying before I could even get one word out. I am so proud of him! He is a super great kid and I feel lucky to be his mom.
We are so blessed with really great families. My brother Kyle, baptized Brock and my other brother, Shad, confirmed him. It was his choice, and has know for a long time that he wanted his Uncles to be the ones to baptize and confirm him. We had family travel from West Bountiful, West Jordan and Cedar City to be here. We had a bunch of help with the dinner after, which made it SO much easier for me. It's great to have family support at things like this. A big thank you to everyone who pitched in and those who traveled to spend Brock's day with him! After we got the baptism and dinner all finished, Derrick was sweet and cleaned up while I took a nap. How did I get so lucky?
Most of the girls in the family (me, my sis, Grandma, my SIL Katy, and my mom, oh, and my dad decided to come along at the last minute) had plans to go to the Junior Prom floor show at the high school here. Just as I finished getting ready the power went out, so I wasn't sure we would go. We ended up deciding to go anyway, but the freeway was closed. We tried one frontage road and it was closed, come to find out, there was a power line down on the freeway and frontage road. Luckily there was one more road we could take and we made it. I was so glad we did. My sweet cousin Skyler looked so beautiful and I would have felt terrible if we'd have missed her special night. Sky is my girl...she was the flower girl at our wedding, she was only 4, almost 5 then,I can't believe she is 17 now. It kills me to see my little girl all grown up. Sky and her sisters come and visit, and we end up talking for hours. She is a beautiful girl, inside and out, and I have to say she is one of my best friends! Most everyone else calls me Mo, but Sky calls me Monna, she always has, and I'm sure always will. When we got home the power was still out. It ended up being out for a total of about 5 hours. All in all it turned out to be a super special day!

4 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Oh I am so glad your special day turned out so well. I hope you'll call me and fill in all of the details. :) Yeah Brock!! Oh, and your brother.. He's so much older. Time really goes by fast. I'm sorry we had to miss it. Why is it with both me and you one of our kids is sick when it's a special event??
Your cousin Skyler is so cute! I saw her once when she was like 6 or 7.. I can't believe she's a lady now! wow!! ~ And I LOVE her beautiful dress. The color, and the style, and the fact that she's in a modest one... ~ Quite a looker guy too. I'm glad for all of the happy down there!!!
My Dear Brock,
What a wonderful day for Brock, I was so glad that he was the only one that was being baptized as this made it a much more personal day for Brock. Derrick, Monica, and the Beckstrands’ did a wonderful program, of course making Brock really shine on his special day, not to mention the great dinner at Brock’s home in Meadow. (Monica you stress too much, as your house, and the party was wonderful, and perfect as usual.
At the baptism, so many thoughts kept going through my head, listening to Derrick give his spot light on Brock, and thinking to myself how much Derrick has changed over the years. It makes me very happy to see what a wonderful man Derrick has grown up to be, as well as a great dad, and husband.
As I watched Brock, being baptized, and confirmed; I also thought of his late Great-grand parents Londo, and Edith Dearden, I could feel their presents there, and could imagine seeing Edith…looking at Brock with love, and a prayer in her heart for him as he continues on his journey through life.
At that time I also thought about the influence that Edith, and Londo had in my life. I remember when we stayed with them when we were first married, I also remember Edith taking me under her wing, and treating me as if I were her daughter, and all the things she taught me, and how I now miss calling her, and stopping in to see her once and a while, when I came down to visit family, and friends.
Thanks Brock for allowing me to be part of your special day. I am so very proud of you, and what a wonderful example you are to your younger brother, and sister.
love to you Brock...
Grandma Jeannie
I am glad you had a great day.. Brock sure looked cute!
My oh my! Time has gone by so fast and Brock is practically all grown up! It seems the last time I remember him was when he was still a sweet little baby when I was lucky enough to watch him occasionally. What a wonderful day! Congrats to Brock on being baptized and to you, Monica and Derrick, for raising a great kid!
Post a Comment