As long as I can remember, I have really, really wanted a space of my own in my house where I can stamp and scrapbook and even sew. Well, when we built this house, we finished the basement and put the boys room down there. By doing this we had an extra smaller room upstairs and it became the office/craft/stamp room. I finally had what I had always wanted, you would think I would take care of it and use it often, right? Well, it hasn't worked out that way. For some reason, that room is always the most trashed in my house? My mom asked me at least a month ago to make some invites for a get together for her. Did I do it, no. My excuse...I needed to clean my room first! I have had some orders for the bibs I make, that I really need to get done....well, I couldn't really sew them, since my sewing machine is buried! I've had a bunch of projects that I really need, and want to get done, but when you can't even find anything, how could I? I can't even walk in the room without stepping over things, and more often on things. I know you think I'm exaggerating, but I really am not. I took pictures to prove it. Here they are.... beware!
So, now do you believe me? Well, Thursday night, I had finally had enough and was in the mood to clean (plus I couldn't sleep). I started at about 11 and well, I finally finished at around 2! That would be A.M.! I can't tell you how happy I was! I love my room again, seriously, I'm not going to send the kids to time out any more, I'm going~ TO MY ROOM! I got my mom's invites done, and the birthday post cards she asked for, a little gift for my mother-in-laws birthday that is coming up, and 3 bibs cut out! It's so much easier and funner when you can find everything. Now I'm ready to paint the walls and decorate in here.
And my nice shelves (that my sweet hubby built me) are all organized!
I think I would have spent all day Saturday in my room too, but I went shopping with my sister! I don't know why, but we were both in a mood. We laughed at everything! I really don't need to exercise for a few days, because my stomach hurts from laughing. We both got some really cute stuff and the best part....great deals! It was a long day, but so fun......
everyone needs a sister like mine!

4 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Good Morning Monica,
I have seen your house, and your scrapbooking/sewing room, spotless house and 3 kids WOW!!! as far as scrapbooking and crafing rooms...are concerned...would you like to compare with mine since you have seen mine also? I know mine is worse than yours. With all my scrapbooksing stuff, plus quilt stuff. and etc.
The sad thing is...I purchased all of this stuff, and don't realy use it.When I do I have to migrate to a diffrent room in the house. Thank goodness we are in a much larger home now.
OH BOY!!!
JEANNIE
Woo Hoo!!
Yeah to organizing and cleaning! I am soo jealous, as you will see that my storage room and basement look like your room did!
It's driving me CRAZY! Once Chad gets all of the shelves done, I'm sure I will be up all night putting things away, since I can't stand it!!
I'm glad you had a fun shopping day with Lisa.. You both deserve it! Love ya, Ann
Monica-
I have a hard time believing even with the picture that it was a mess, I bet you hurried and threw some things in there and hurry and took the picture:)
Your lucky to have your own room to go too..
Monica-
Welcome to my whole house! Right now we are painting and everything is everywhere. It is driving me crazy too.
Post a Comment