Sunday, March 16, 2008
Happy Birthday to my Best Friend Forever, Ann!
Happy Birthday Friend! I just couldn't help laughing at us as I looked through all the pictures I have. I can't believe how young we are in most of them. Ann and I met when I started working at ATG (I know we were meant to be friends and that's why I ended up working at the airport). We honestly really didn't like each other very much.....Oh, how things have changed! We have had so many fun times over the last 12 years; a fun trip to California and Mexico, camping at the Nephi KOA, a muddy weekend at my Grandma's cabin, Christmas parties, good and bad work days, 6 babies, enrichment nights (hers are the BEST), and lots and lots of phone calls, just to name a few. I miss living close to my friend, but I think in some ways we are closer than when I did live by her and we saw each other lots. She is always there to listen to me whine and vent and then she gives me good advice. She has been a great example to me over the years, and has stood by me through everything. She is the best mom and a SUPER talented decorator. She is compassionate, thoughtful, a great cook, a germ-phobe (I had to add that), classy, super organized, a great listener and well, the best friend I could ever ask for! Everyone deserves to have a friend like her! Happy Birthday Friend, I hope you have a great day!
Also, HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY CARSON! We love you buddy!
Posted by {Mo} at 4:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Monica,
I love your tribute to Ann!! You guys are so beautiful in those pictures. I check your blog out every once in a while so I hope you don't mind me saying hi! I am one of Ann's friends through Chad! Anyway, that is an awesome tribute! Well done! -Suzanne
Annban10 said...
Friend-
You are soo sweet! I don't know what happened to the comments on the bottom, so I'll post here..
Thanks so much for the sweet words you've said. ( even though much is exaggerated ).. I can't believe it's been 12 years! Holy cow!!
~And I don't know what it is about slideshows.. They always make me teary. Thanks so much. I I love you too, and know that the reason that I worked for ATG was to meet my best friend! I consider you one of the greatest gifts I have!!
I look forward to seeing you in a few weeks! Love ya, Ann
PS: Why don't I have the Halloween Witch picture???
March 17, 2008 9:12 AM
I did not exagerate even a tiny little bit! Isn't the witch picture great? Lisa couldn't even tell it was me. I'll have to get you a copy!
Hey Monica,
OK, here are a few ideas for you.
1. I am not always too creative and usually there are some good ideas out there, you just have to talk to people. One really good source is a book called "Bright Ideas for Young Women Leaders" by Trina Boice. It has an entire section dedicated to Camp themes. I am not sure if you have a Stake theme going on, but this has some really good ideas.
2. Talk to Ann, she was in Young Womens for a while and they had some really great ideas. We did a theme off of sunflowers last year, and I have seen that some of the most intriguing themes to the girls have to do with things of today. (For example, one ward in my stake last year did their theme off of High School Musical and their shirts said "Prairie 8th Ward"in the High School Musical print with the red shirt and lights
3. Go to ymconnection.com. If it doesn't work in the URL line, google ymconnection and you should be able to find it. They have tons of camp ideas.
4. If you can, try to make up your own. This is the scariest one, but I have found that Heavenly Father will bless you if you are willing to take a risk. I was thinking of maybe doing our Standards Event based off of the apple analogy. I would be doing it from scratch, but it is different and original.
5. Keep your eye out for ideas and pray for ideas to come. There is a reason you have been called and the best help you are going to get is from Him (although I don't even come close, I am here to help as another backup). He has great things in store for you, you just gotta ask and then listen. Let me know if you need anything else and keep me posted on what you decide to do! Have fun! - Suzanne
Post a Comment