Maybe you all are getting sick of my Thankful lists, but here's one last list in honor of the final day of November........
- Christmas Shopping~ I finally started and I feel less stressed now. Granted I have more to do, but I always feel better once I actually get a good start. Derrick and I headed north on Saturday and got a lot done. What can I say, we make a good team! I have to shout out a big THANKS to Lis and Jer for keeping our kids, on a non school day no less. If you know our kids, and especially all six of them together, you know that we really owe them!
- Thanksgiving~ With everything going on in our lives and all the changes around us, it's easy for me to get discouraged. But, if I remember to look at all that I have to be thankful for and focus on that, I feel much better. Hopefully, I can keep the spirit of Thanksgiving in our home all year.
- Melatonin~ I'm not sure how much I've written about our sleep dramas with Carlie lately, but it's been a long month or two. For some reason she has been either getting up in the middle of the night (like 3 or 4) and wanting to play, or staying up until between eleven and twelve each night. We've tried lots of different things, nothing worked until we tried Melatonin. It's a natural substance our body makes helping us to sleep. It's worked wonders! Carlie has been in bed and asleep by nine the last five nights, YIPPIE! I'm hoping that we can use this to get her adjusted to a normal sleep routine.
- Sunday Naps~ Is there anything better after a long day at church? Sunday is a day of rest, right?
- Christmas Music and Memories~ Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year and it was my Grandma Ainge's VERY favorite time of year. She loved the lights, the food, giving and family, but most of all she loved the music and she taught all of us to love Christmas music. Some of my favorite memories are of my mom, all her sisters and the granddaughters around Grandma's piano as she played for us. Silver Bells was on the radio the other day and I cried, I've missed hearing my Grandma play that beautiful song (no one plays it like she did). This Christmas day it will be three years since she passed away and I'm truly thankful for all the wonderful memories I have of her.

9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Don't apologize for the Thankful lists. It's your blog, and I love them.. I'm sure others do too.
Glad you and Derrick had some time to yourselves to shop.
The holidays are so awesome, but such a hard time when we have lost family. My Grandma went all out on Christmas, and I miss her alot too! I'm going to have to bake something in your Grandma's apron this month, and turn on Christmas music in honor of her! :)
Anyways, I will try and call, sometime tomm? I have lots to share about the weekend... :)
I have to agree to EVERYTHING you said! I was happy to help out with the kids, but you know... now it's your turn :) No, really they were just fine.
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE melatonin. I have been out for a while now, and let me tell ya, after this long weekend with no sleep routine, I NEED SOME NOW!!! My boys are STILL in there trying to go to sleep. So I am off to the store tomorrow to pick some up and get them back into the routine!
So you had me in tears about Grandma. I MISS HER SO MUCH right now. Christmas has always been her special holiday, and I always loved singing with all the girls. And tell Ann thanks for making me cry even more when I read that she wants to wear grandma's apron and put on the Christmas music! How sweet is she. I love all the good memories we have of Grandma.
I have not even started Christmas shopping! I have decided to scale way back this year, I am trying to teach my kids they do not need a million things: though it's difficult being it that fun time of year.
I will tell my neighbor about the melatonin- she has had the worst trouble with her 2 year old sleeping.. Thanks for the info.
Love the Thankful lists! It makes me think about the things I'm thankful for--thanks!
I am LOVING your new Christmas layout - very cute, and very you. Gotta love black and white! And no, don't apologize for doing multiple Thankful lists - I think there is a serious lack of gratitude in this world. I think it's cute that you love to make pie crusts, and that you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving! :)
Where did you get the Melatonin? I used to take that stuff from Usana but I heard they don't have that stuff anymore. As you can see by the time I left this comment it is around 1:40 am. I have a hard time sleeping and I want Melatonin. It works wonders.
I have enjoyed your thankful lists. Good Job!
Monica,
FOr some reason I thought I had commented, but apparently I did not.
I like your gratitude lists. I wish I was in your shoes for being done in the Christmas shopping arena. You go girl!
Why is it that when I think of you now, I think of pie? Hmmmm... you smell delicious! -Suzanne
I miss Grandma to. But she definately passed on that love for Christmas music. I secretly start listening the first part of November. =)
Silver Bells!!! I was looking for the music today. My all time favorite song on Grandma's piano. NO ONE plays it like she did! You are so right. I miss her.
Post a Comment