Saturday, December 6, 2008

{Food + Family + Presents + Talents = FUN}

Today was the annual Beckstrand Family Christmas Party. It's always fun to get together, but it's usually chaotic too! We started out with yummy Hawaiian haystacks. I lucked out with a super easy food assignment.....rice, measure water and rice in the rice cooker and push the button, could it get any better than that? Next we moved on to the talent portion of the party, we don't do this every year and I have to say I'm thankful we don't, though it was fun!

I'm sure every loved the version of the 8 days of Christmas that Mom threw together for us!
Uncle Kerry's family really got into it with hats and Kazoo's!
Uncle Hal's family accompanied by his "dancing hat"!
Uncle Don was brave and sang us a solo, accompanied by Aunt Marlene!
Uncle Rich's family contribution was by Jamie and Cami.

Grandma told a story. Somehow I missed getting a picture of Garrison playing the piano and representing Uncle Jay's family.

Grandpa talked to us as the Patriarch of the family....What a great man!

I loved this picture of Bryson "helping" Sky play the piano....So Cute!


Of course next was presents. All the cousins (and second cousins) under 18 draw names. The kids came home with fun gifts and have been entertained all evening, sweet for me! one of my kids had Miss Kelsey who will be turning 16 soon. I asked her a few weeks ago what she wanted and she said a car. Derrick wanted to have his cousin tow a junker car over for her, but I knew Kels to well, and knew she wouldn't give it up if we did, so she had to make do with a sweet matchbox car! The only thing that would have made the day better would have been Derrick getting off work early enough to join us :(

Kels opening her car~ Only Kelsey would get that excited over a matchbox car?!?
And a quick pose with the car and her stylin' hat!

Don't I have pretty cute kiddo's?
And one last picture of my cute niece Addison with her darling glasses!

***Edited to Add*** How could I forget? As fun as the party was, the company we had stay at our house was even better! My cousin Brian and his family crashed at our house Friday night. I love it when Mary Ann is around, she always cracks me up and our kids play really well together. I wish they were closer and we could hang out more!


Brian and Mary Ann ROCKIN' the Kazoo's! Come stay anytime guys :)

7 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Me said...

It sounds like a great party. You guys have some really neat traditions too. We used to draw names with our cousins, but that was when I was like 10-yep, that long ago. I'm glad you guys had fun and that you took pictures so you can remember it all.

Ann Marie said...

Darling pictures!
I'm glad you all had a good time.
I wish I was down there today, so you'd have to share a bite of the nutroll! :) He-He!

Where are the ornament and nutroll pictures? Was it gone to quickly??

Suzanne said...

Oh, the family talent shows are fun! Aren't they? How great that your family all comes together and that you have to get a church. Great support = great family! Thanks for sharing! -Suzanne

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. And yes you have some pretty cute kiddos.

Lisa said...

I just love our family parties! We do have a pretty great family if I do say so myself!

Ann Marie said...

DARLING new family picture!

Marilee said...

I can't believe it's almost Christmas already--it seems like I just took the tree down from last year, sheesh!!