Saturday, December 27, 2008

{Santa Came Down the Chimney...}

Is it just me, or does Christmas come and go too quickly? It seems like it's over so quick, and I'd love to spread it out a bit, but then again I don't know if I could handle that many days of chaos!We were lucky this year and the kids slept in until 7:45. We actually had to wake Carlie up and she was still pretty dazed. Santa brought Brock the BB gun that he wanted (mom and dad added a talk about being responsible and thinking before you act). Kaleb asked Santa for a PSP and Indiana Jones Legos, but Santa only brings one present to our house and he chose to bring the Legos, 2 great big sets of them! Carlie asked for a Barbie, and she got one...along with a house for her Barbies. Santa did such a great job building it and it turned out really cute! (Yea, Santa!) Kaleb just could not figure out how Santa could have got that big Barbie house down our chimney??? Must be magic, right? After we opened presents and played for a bit, we headed up to Grandma & Grandpa Beckstrands. Grandpa makes omelets for us (only on Christmas) and they were super yummy as usual. Next we went Grandma and Grandpa Dearden's. We opened presents, ate dinner and the kids played with Sydney. By the time we made it back home, it was dark and I, ok we were all, tired. Kaleb and Dad spent most of the night putting together the Lego sets, and I even ended up pitching in and helping. As usual we were all too blessed (ok, spoiled) and we want everyone to know how much we appreciate everything! Tomorrow we get to go visit Grandma Jeannie and Grandpa Mike and are looking forward to another fun day! Hopefully you all had a great day like we did!

Brock and his BB Gun!

Is it just me, or is he looking pretty grown up!

Kaleb and lots of new Lego's!
Isn't that the cutest doll house, ever?
Miss Carlie
Brock & Kaleb The finished Indiana Jones Lego masterpiece. I know the picture isn't the greatest, but that's a grand total of 1650, yes...one thousand, six hundred and fifty LEGOS! Not to mention lots of building hours.

9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

Yay! I am so glad you posted!
I agree.. For all of the stress and effort that goes into one day--it sure goes by fast. However.. I have turned into a lazy girl. Having Chad home makes me want to do nothing. I have good intentions to blog, but I don't.

I am STILL cleaning up and putting things away, so it will look OK for you coming tomm.

I love all of the pictures. Christian got his very first Legos, and loves them.. What am I going to do when he wants as many as your boys?? Yikes!

Santa and the Elves did such a good job on the doll house. It is darling!!

Love ya. Be careful driving up here. I can't wait to see you guys!

BTW: L.o.v.e the new background!

Jense Family said...

What fun! Love the gifts Santa left and that lego set is awesome. Trey didn't get everything he asked for and he said it was because he was not very good this year. I told him if he was not good he would not have gotten anything, and that Santa doesn't give you everything you ask for.

Marilee said...

Yay for Christmas!! You're right, it does come and go way too quickly. Glad it was super!

Me said...

Christmas does come and go so fast, but to be honest, I'm a little glad its over.

It looks like santa did a great job this year. Trae got a PSP and I haven't seen him since he opened it. And I totally love the doll house!

I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas.

Justin and Julie said...

Hi Monica! Found your blog and thought I would say Hi and Happy Holidays! You are right about the Christmas going way to fast! I was just thinking tonight that the whole year flew by and it will be over again before we even know it!
I am glad to see your cute family is doing well!
Take care! Julie

Ann Marie said...

BTW: I love that I hear some twilight songs! Whoo-hoo!

Heather said...

I love the little doll house. I am glad you had a good Christmas. I cannot beleive how big your oldest is getting, wow!

Gary and Alycia said...

It looks like your kids were definitely treated well. It sounds like you have 2 extremes, your boys are definitely all boy and it looks like you've got a girlie girl!! I totally agree it seems like you work so hard and then it is over.

TLC said...

This post was so cute! I loved that your little girl got a doll house for christmas. I had one when i was little and I adored it. Sometimes I wish I could go back to those moments when just sitting and playing with your doll house was top priority!

Also, Thank You so much for your Christmas Card! I was so delighted to open it and read your newsletter. Thank You for thinking of me and I love the new card of the month! When i get to have a bridal shower someday...your doing my invites!!!