Friday, December 12, 2008

{O Kidney Stone, O Kidney Stone}

O Kidney Stone, O Kidney Stone
I really, truly hate you
You caused me pain, and that's not nice!
You gave me grief and sleepless nights.
O Kidney Stone, O kidney Stone
Please go and don't return!
So, have you guessed that I have a kidney stone? Yep, I do, and I'm not a bit happy about it. Wed. afternoon my right kidney started hurting, by evening it was really hurting. Around nine I started vomiting. From eleven to one, I was throwing-up every five to ten minutes. I couldn't take it anymore so off to the ER we went. Those of you who know me well, you know that if I'm going to the hospital something is really wrong....I'm not a big hospital/Dr. kind of gal. I was much happier after some phenergan and morphine...yea, for drugs! I had a CT scan and sure enough there was a kidney stone working it's way down, not just any little kidney stone, the radiologist said it's 7mm, for a stone that's big. They also saw 2 or 3 more in my kidney, so most likely, I'll be doing this again sometime. Finally sometime yesterday morning it dropped into my bladder, and that's when it stops hurting. I spent the night and most of yesterday at the hospital. I owe Lisa big for coming in the middle of the night and staying with my kids and then keeping them all day yesterday. My mom brought us dinner and it tasted much better than hospital food! Now I just wait for it finish passing and hopefully quit feeling so super tired?

9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

Ha-Ha.. Love the Kidney stone christmas song..
Your Mom and Sis are awesome for helping you out so much!

You've been on my mind alot today. Since I know your awake right now, I'd better hurry and call ya. Bye.

Marla said...

Monica, I am sooooooooooo sorry! That does not sound fun at all. I have never had one so I can;t guess what you are going through. I hope you feel better quick!

Carlene said...

I was thinking that this Christmas the words, "And it came to pass...." will take on new meaning for both you and Carlie. Just kidding. Any signs of her swallowed marble? Seriously, I hope I never have to see you suffer that way again. You are one tough little gal.

Ann Marie said...

Ha-Ha.. Your Mom is funny!

Carlie swallowed a marble? Oh no.

Suzanne said...

Oh Monica! That totally sucks!! I wish I could do something to help, but I have no idea what to do? I wish you a speedy recovery! -suzanne

Marilee said...

Aw, SHUCKS!!! Are you okay?!? Holy Toledo!! Can you keep your stones when you pass them? (I'm in the market for some...seriously)

Heather said...

I am so sorry. I have never had one but just seeing Kurt pass one this last August, I don't ever want one.

I am glad your family was there to help you. I love family.

Casowhat said...

Monica, sorry I didn't know till now! Hope you are feeling better, that is so awful!!! Can I help with anything? Love your song!

Miss Megan said...

Oh Miss Mo! I'm so sorry! I myself have never had a Kidney stone (knock on wood), but I'm told they are quite painful. I sympathize! I hope you get feeling better soon!