Tuesday, November 4, 2008

{Today I am....THANKFULL}

It's been too long since I've posted a gratitude post and I'm feeling blessed today and need to share, so here goes, in no particular order..............

  • I am thankful that I had the chance to vote today! What a great right and responsibility this is. I am ashamed to admit that though I have been of legal voting age for the 3 previous presidential elections, this year is the first time I have exercised my right to vote. Shameful, I know! I hope I never take this privilege for granted again.

  • I am thankful for my calling in the Primary Presidency. I learn so much from the little darlings in our ward every week. Each week we sing "I am a Child of God" as our closing song, this past week I was overwhelmed by the sweet spirit and the knowledge that these children truly know that they are children of God. I'm sure those of you that know me, know of course, that made me cry.

  • I am thankful for the newly acquired dent in my Tahoe. I was involved in a little accident today and though I wish my car wasn't dented and scratched, I'm thankful it was that and not as bad as it could have/should have been. Everyone that has seen my skid marks is amazed that I didn't roll, and to be honest I thought I was going to. I feel like I was truly blessed and watched over today, and for that I am very thankful.
  • I am again very thankful for my good husband and I know I am lucky to have him. Though I'm sure he isn't happy about the new look of our vehicle, he hasn't made me feel badly about it at all. That isn't to say I haven't been on the receiving end of a few good natured jokes, but I guess I may deserve that.
  • I am thankful for all the things I have to look forward to in the next while; Bunko at my house, Twilight party at Ann's, Thanksgiving, December and the fun that comes along with it. I look at the calendar and see a crazy busy schedule, but good times and good memories for our family to come!
  • I'm thankful to all of you who ready my little blog and leave me comments! You make me laugh and cry and well, I appreciate it!

8 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Suzanne said...

Monica!! You were in a car accident! Yeah, I would be doing a gratitude post today too when you got through that one! Holy Canoly are you OK? Cars can always be fixed so I am glad that your husband is seeing that light.

I agree, working with the youth is Aweseome! When our ward does their Primary program, I am always crying and boobing. They get to me because their spirits are so strong and the heavens are open with them.

Other than your life was at complete jeapordy today, I am glad that you are happy and full of gratitude in your life! You are one beautiful soul! -Suzanne

Ann Marie said...

First.. I have to say.. I am laughing that Suzie used the word "boobing"?? Does that word not seem funny to anyone else??

LOVE, LOVE that you did a gratitude post on such a yucky day.. SO proper, and it made me feel a little better today..
Glad you showed me the picture..
I'm super grateful you are OK.

I'm grateful for your calling. I have already seen how you have grown, and I love it.

Did you get a load of snow like we did today?? I hope you stay home and curl up with a good book or a movie like me.. :) Wish you were here!

~Sheri D~ said...

I'm THANKFULL that 1-you are okay and 2-that you blog or I would never know what is happening.

Glad you are okay!

Heather said...

I am so glad you didn't roll either. You were watched over.

I love the things you are thankful for.

I am excited for the Twilight Party too. I am excited to see you again, it has been a while.

DeVries Family said...

Oh Monica...we are all so thankful for YOU!!!!

Kristen said...

I am so glad you did a gratitude post. You always help me remember what's really important and remind me to be grateful for the many things I have.

TLC said...

Monica, when I read this I truly can feel your sincere ness in this post. Every single one is coming straight from your heart and even though I don't know you really at all.... what little I do know is showing through this post.

Plus, I wanted to say how gorgeous those invites are for Ann's party! I have to do a baby shower for a friend coming up so if you know of any really super cute and stylish sites to look at for inspirations...let me know!

Miss Megan said...

I am grateful for the right to vote as well. Isn't it amazing that there are people and countries in this world that don't have that luxury? We are so blessed in so many ways. Thank you for reminding me of that. I hope you are all recovered from your accident. Take care - M.