Saturday, November 8, 2008

{What Got Into Me?}

I guess the painting bug must have bitten me? Ann gave me the cutest little cupboard a while back and I've wanted to paint it, but I just couldn't decide on a color. Thursday night (about 9:30 or so) I decided I wanted it the same red as my walls and I wanted it done NOW! I dug out all the paint stuff from the back garage and went downstairs to get the paint, guess what? There wasn't enough red.....and I wanted to paint....right now! So, I ended up going with black. I could almost hear Ann cringing on the phone when I told her, black would have been her last choice (sorry, friend), but I really like it and think it turned out cute. Since I was already painting, I grabbed the bread box off my counter that I've never really liked the color of (it was a weird cream color that just always looked a bit off to me) and went to town on that. I took a self portrait while I was painting the night away, but then I realized that I hadn't found time to shower that day (keepin' it real, girls) and, well, I'm just not secure enough to share that.

Much better black!
This isn't the best picture, but, well you get the idea.

Well, heck I'm on a painting roll now, what next? A wall! Ok, half a wall really. When my mom and dad did their addition, they painted one big wall a really pretty rust color that just happened to match a color in my basement shower curtain, so I borrowed some of it and started another project. This one didn't go as smoothly, unfortunately. The paint can was a beast to open. When I finally got it open and stirred, I went to pour some of the paint into my tray and somehow some got on my plastic? I guess I must have dripped. Nope, the next time I picked up the can, there was a puddle of paint under it? WHAT? There was a hole in the bottom of the paint can! How that happened I have no idea, but what a mess. I ended up pouring the paint into a #10 can, but I need to find something else to put it in soon. Anyway, I finally got it done and my mess cleaned up and it all turned out pretty good. If all that painting wasn't enough, I went and helped at Super Saturday today and painted a bunch of stuff for other people since I forgot to sign up for projects for me. I think I may have had enough paint for a bit......or maybe not? I still want to do my basement laundry, but maybe I'll wait on that?

All that trouble for such a little wall?

9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Marilee said...

I like the hutch black (that was my vote), and your breadbox is way cute, too. Love the color in your bathroom! Sheesh! All I've done is install hardware on my kitchen cabinets.

TLC said...

Oh Wow! I covet that Black hutch! I LOVE black LOL you should see my latest blog to see how much so! But, really it's beautiful! And the Bread box! As for painting and me...we dont mix...at all..my room last year was 5 colors and now it's a light pink and I'm really wanting it something else again. My poor dad :(
Thanks for the invitation tip! It's on my next hit list!

Jense Family said...

Ok Girl I am not sure I like coming to your blog anymore. Everytime I come here you have done some amazing project like transform and old (DI would reject) crib thing into and beautiful crib that people would pay hundreds for, or bricking chimneys, or sewing quilits, etc. You are really hurting my selfesteem I just can't keep up. So for your good friend slow down a little would ya:) J/K
It looks awesome as usually. You Go Girl!!!!

Ann Marie said...

Ok Friend..You are a painting DIVA!!
I do have to defend myself for a second.. I am not a black hater, my kitchen table is black.. I have some accesories that are black. I have just found that I'm a white girl now. My black table shows every fingerprint etc.. I feel the same way about stainless steel appliances. It's not my thing.. I think it's trendy. -- And it's not my style.
I don't want everyone mad at me now! I'm glad everyone has there own opinion and taste. Who cares what I think? It's yours!! I think it's great we all do things to how WE like, and not like everyone else...

The breadbox looks darling, and the hutch will match her room, and the crib, so it's all good!!

You are WAY more motivated than me. I have about 13 things to be painted.. I hate it! Give me a house to decorate, or a space to move things around-- and I am happy.. but I am so not patient enough to paint, remodel or build!!
I guess I'd better learn to like to paint if I want to do consignment huh??

Love the look of the wall in the bathroom! Love it! Darling!
You did an awesome job!!

Suzanne said...

You are the Painting Goddess!! Wow! Wow! Wow! Unbelievable!! I love the black hutch and I love the bathroom wall. Rust is a very daring color!!

So, what is next? Your projects are amazing!! What is next on your list? -Suzanne

Heather said...

Wow you have been painting a lot. What a lot of work. I think everything turned out cute.

{Mo} said...

Thanks for all your comments, I love them. I'm feeling bad, I didn't do this post as a "look at me and what I did". Projects keep me sane, ok, semi sane :)
Brandy~ I may quite visiting your blog, you talented girl you. I LOVE the digital scrap pages you come up with, I don't know that I'll ever "get" all that, you do the best crafts with your kids (no way, no how, I'm not going there...no patience)and I would LOVE to go to love and logic class (we could really use it here).
Ann~ I know you aren't a black hater, and I knew when I started that would be you last choice, but I know you love me no matter what color I paint your treasures :) You can bring paint projects down my way anytime. It may take me a bit to get motivated, but once I do, watch out!
Suzanne~ I don't know what my next project will be? Actually, I do....I need to get the chair rails painted and on the walls in both the kids rooms, we've only live in this house for 2 years and it still isn't done? Plus, I need to paint some blocks for a bunko prize and then I HAVE to help my mom decorate her addittion. Then I may be done painting for a bit? I hope!

Miss Megan said...

I think all your projects turned out fabulous (despite some of the hiccups along the way)! I have a few pieces of furniture that I need to sand and paint, but I am wondering if there is anything I should put over the paint when I'm done, like a topcoat or something? Any suggestions? And yes, you can come up and paint at my house anytime you please! :)

TLC said...

Every single time I check back to see if you've posted something new, i see the Black hutch and fall in love all over again LOL

I wonder if Ann would get me one when I get married ??? j/k Haha!

I just wanted to extend a very delighted message that I'm adding you on to my friends list. Consider youself a lovely friend :)