Thursday, November 20, 2008

{Excitement}

I have been looking forward to this weekend for MONTHS! First, it was Bunko at my house tonight. I love it when it's my turn for Bunko, really I do. I stress out, but my house gets cleaned better than usual. In fact last night the Elders Quorum Presidency came over to visit with us last night and Derrick told them that they picked a good time to come since Bunko was going to be here and all I'd done all week was clean and it looked better than usual....all true, but he got a pretty dirty look for that smart remark. We had such a good time, we always do. We have the best group and my stomach always hurts from laughing. I have to shout out a big THANKS to Lis, she got most of my prizes for me and she did a spectacular job!
The other reason I've been looking forward to this weekend......Girls night and the Twilight movie and sleepover, with my BFF Ann and a bunch of her friends. I've met a few of them, and I've gotten to know some from blogging. I'm just super excited for a girls night out and a little break. YIPPEE!

How could I forget? One of the best parts of Bunko is the FOOD. I tried a new recipe this time (it was my SIL's and I'd tried it, just not made it) and it turned out yummy, so I thought I'd share.
** Chile Verde**
Shredded Pork Roast (Katy uses the Hormel, precooked roast)
2 cans chopped Chile
2 cans diced tomatoes, drained (the Mexican variety are good)
1 can Black Beans
1 can Pinto Beans
1 can Kidney Beans (drain and rinse all the beans)
1 bunch cilantro
1 T. chili powder
1 T. Oregano
1 t. Cumin
1 t. garlic powder
Dump everything into your crock pot (save 1/2 the cilantro for garnish) cook on low for 6 hours or so.
Garnish with Frito's, cheese, sour cream, salsa, and cilantro and limes to squeeze over the top. (I put my Frito's on the top, so they won't get soggy, my SIL's put them on the bottom. YUM!

**Ice Cream Dessert**
3 cups Rice Krispies
1/2 C margarine
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1 1/2 C coconut
1 1/2 C nuts
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
Melt butter and brown sugar together until blended. Add other ingredients (rice krispies first). Place 1/2 in the bottom of a 9 x13 pan. Open box of Ice Cream and slice into slabs 1/2 inch thick then place over the top of the mixture, smooth the top. Remaining mix goes on top. Freeze well. Great with carmel, chocolate, or danish desert and strawberries on top.

9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Suzanne said...

Hey Lady!! Drive safely and we will see you in 9 hours !!! YYaaayyy!! -Suzanne

Ann Marie said...

I'm hoping bunko turned out great!
Would you hurry and get here??
..... Well, not too fast. No speeding tickets or accidents. I'm waiting for our twilight day!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Be safe. Get packed. Call me.
Love ya. ♥ Ann

Me said...

I'm with Suzie. I can't wait to see you again!

Heather said...

I am so excited to see you too.

I will have to try those recipes. They sound yummy!

~Sheri D~ said...

BUNKO was the best last night! You did an awesome job. Hope you have a great weekend~you deserve it!

Shalise said...

I love the comment Derrick made.. Just like a man.. I will have to try those recipes, they look yummy.. Can I pretend to have Bunko and you can come and clean my house, ha! ha! ha!

Mel said...

We were driving home and I told my sister, "I really liked Monica" She is so cool! I am glad I finally got to meet you! You are so much fun and I could hang out with you anytime. Sorry for our loudness and sometimes overpowering voice!! Your awesome!

Suzanne said...

Monica,

Thanks for the comment! I wish I had more time to be able to sit and talk with you one on one! No worries! There will be many more girls night outs that we can participate in! You are awesome! -Suzanne

Englishfam said...

It was so fun meeting you too! Christmas shoes! hahaha I forgot about that! You are so fun, me and Melanie decided that we could definitely hang out with you anytime. (That is if Ann will share you with us:) Come up again soon and we can all see Twilight together again. I also meant to tell you how ADORABLE those invitations were that you made. I loved them. Cute blog too!