Monday, November 24, 2008

{Thankful Week}

In honor of Thanksgiving this week, I'm going to try and post a few things each day that I am thankful for. Some will be big things and some smaller things that just make me smile.
  • I'm thankful for friends....both old friends and new! This past week was filled with girlfriend time for me and I loved every minute of it. I got reacquainted with some old friends and also met some new friends at Ann's Twilight party, which was super fun I must say! I am thankful I got to spend some time with Ann. I feel lucky to have her, she has always been one of my biggest supporters and cheerleaders, a great listening ear and is my definition of a true friend. I feel lucky that I can count my sister as a best friend also.

Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things. ~Author Unknown.

  • I'm thankful for my cute little sister-in-law, Sydney. It was her 9th birthday yesterday....seriously where did 9 years go? For the last 2 years we've been lucky enough to get to have her come to our house after school once or twice a week. The boys love it when she comes and they all play good together. Carlie idolizes Sydney and follows her everywhere.

  • I'm thankful for the Gospel. I feel bad about the years that I didn't choose to make it a priority in my life and all the learning that I missed out on during that time. I'm thankful to get to go to Primary every week and for the special spirit that is there.

  • I'm thankful for Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Apple Pie Caramel Apples. YUMMMY! I'm also really bugged (and a bit grateful) that I have to drive two and a half hours to get one. If I get desperate, I'll have to get domestic and try and make one?

7 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

What a cute post!
I am SOOO grateful you drove up here! Oh only if we could go shopping more... It was fun being with you, and hanging out.

Glad to see tribute to the apples.
Yummy-Yummy!! I agree.. They are heavenly!

Thanks for your time and sacrifice to be with me, and to your family back home that took care of your little ones so you could be with us, a BIG THANK YOU!!!

Kristen said...

I am so jealous of your girls night! It sounds like a blast.

Heather said...

That was a sweet post. Just think if you do want an apple you could use it as an excuse to see Ann.

Miss Megan said...

I agree...it was great to finally put a face to the name! You are a DARLING girl, and I can see why you and Ann are such good friends. Wasn't Friday night great? Honestly, even though I was still feeling a little sick, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. What is better than girlfriends, caramel apples, and Edward I ask?! Maybe the next time Ann makes a day trip down to Meadow I will tag along - and I will be sure to bring a bag full of apples for you!!! Muaaah!

Me said...

I agree with you 100% on almost everything. Friendship is very important. I don't know where I'd be without it either. I have never actually tried the apple pie apple. I will have to one of these days-I guess.

It was good to see you again. I'm glad you liked the clothes too. I have so many more if you want them. Maybe I'll just have to make a trip down with clothes and carmel apples in tow!

Kristen said...

Hey Monica!

Thanks for the blog comment. It was fun to meet & hang out with you too! And if I lived closer to Beaver like you do, I would totally drive there just for the mexican food. :) I'll have to keep checking your blog for card ideas - you have some cute things posted!

- Kristen

Ann Marie said...

L.O.V.E the new background!!
LOVE IT!!