Sunday, November 2, 2008

{Halloween~2008}

Am I the only one that is THRILLED Halloween is over? Don't get me wrong, I really love Halloween, but it wears us all out and I'm ready to get back to normalcy for a bit. I think the kids all had a good time and I do have to say, they looked darling! Is it just me, or does everyone always have at least one costume trauma every year? This year it was Carlie's Tinkerbell costume, I knew it was short, but I figured I'd add thick tights and we'd be fine. I think that may have made it look shorter?!? She was looking more like Skankerbell, than Tinkerbell. What to do now? It's not like we have a variety of stores here where we can run and pick something up. But we do have a fabric store and my super sister has a bunch of ribbon and tulle, so I whipped up a tutu to go under the very short skirt and we were good to go! We had our ward party on Thursday night. The kids all do a fashion show down a runway and then they go to different stations, like a cake walk, donuts on a string, cookie decorating, and a hot dog dinner. It really just seems like chaos to me, but it's fun chaos! Lisa, Julia and I took the kiddo's around Trick-or-Treating. We piled them all in the van and let's just say that was craziness! Carlie and Tylie got tired after about 10 houses, so they went home to their daddies. For some reason, almost every year Brock and Carson end up being the same things, and Kaleb and Bryson do too, this year was no exception. Maybe next year will be different, I know they all have started planning what they want to be. I'm going to be sad to have to take down my Halloween decorations tomorrow, but I am ready for things to slow down for a bit? I can only hope, right?

What a handsome Darth Vader!

Brock

Could he look any creepier?

Kaleb was really getting into the posing!
Tinkerbell is taking a little break!
Miss Carlie
My three cute Kiddos!
(See where the darker green on her skirt ends? That's how long it was?? UMMM, NO!)
Carson & Brock
Bryson & Kaleb
Carlie, Addie & Tylie
The boys got pretty silly as the night wore on!

10 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Casowhat said...

What little cuties! Thanks for the popcorn treats, they were soooo good!

DeVries Family said...

I LOVE Kaleb...he was really into it wasn't he? Lisa has great picture of him on her blog...too cute! SKANKERBELL???? HAhahaha!
that was great! She could hang out with her Uncle Jeremy at the Trailer park and make friends (Jeremy's costume...funny!!)


All I can say is THANK HEAVENS that it is OVER!!! Brian is ALWAYS incredibly CHEERFUL on Halloween and it always makes for a super fun and cheerfully festive evening of running crazy and accomodating schedules...WHEW!!

Ann Marie said...

YES!!!!!!!! So glad it is over!
I am already sick of the orange too, so if you see Christmas up by the time the twilight party happens, you'll know why!!!
The costumes are darling!!
I'm going to be laughing at skankerbell all day!! HAAAAA-HAAA!

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

What great costumes! Your kids look so cute. =)

I am with you.....I am glad Halloween is over. =)

BRING ON CHRISTMAS!! j/k Let's get through Thanksgiving first.

Me said...

Your kids do look darlling. I didn't think the skirt was that bad, but you made it look super cute.

I do agree though, that I'm glad it's over. After getting the kids dressed and undressed a couple of times, I am ready for a break. A year is good. I'll be ready again in 11 months. But with the passing of Halloween, comes the stresses of Thanksgiving and especially Christmas. I'm not looking forward to that at all.

Suzanne said...

Skankerbell!! Ha ha! That was hilarious! Totally made my day! Yay for Modesty! -Suzanne

TLC said...

Hey Monica! Why Heavens NO am I offended by blog stalkers. Well, at least not the creepy ones! I, as well have blog stalked you so were even :)

So you liked that little rant? Thanks! I had so much pleasure in writing that. If only the old prune could see it! Which I might add was written at 4 am in morning. Couldnt sleep thinking about it so I blogged. Felt better, Went to Bed! LOL Ann has told me how your best friends and I know what a true testiment that is for the soul. And from what I see by your blog and your comments on Ann's...I wish I could meet you in person. You look & sound so much fun and I LOVE/ENVY your card making skills.

Your children are beautiful and any mother who cherishes their children are already a friend in my heart. Please take care and feel free to comment anytime.
~Tierra

PS. Did you like Twilight? Are you an Edward Fan??? LOL

Heather said...

What a fun Halloween. Your kids looked great. I have to agree with you on the Tinkerbell thing, great job mom.

Lisa said...

Super sister to the rescue... you are always welcome at my little ribbon store :) I am so glad that it is over, but it is always so fun to go with you and it was even better this year having Julia with us.

Ann Marie said...

Me again!
I got the twilight cards yesterday! They are sooo beautiful!
Much prettier in person.. Thanks for your help with it, and THANK YOU LISA once again for your ribbon. You are both awesome and talented girlie's!!
Love ya!