I just had to post some pictures of Carlie's birthday. We celebrated with our family on Saturday (her real birthday), and then we had cake and ice cream with the families that live close on Sunday. We took the crib out and brought in the big girl bed. I think Carlie played on the bed half the afternoon, it was cute. I was worried about bedtime, but she did really well. We also got her a bike. I think she was more excited with the princess tag on the bike than the bike itself. Derrick put her on it and she peddled once, and then said "my can't do it" and got off and walked away. I guess that present was a bust? I was super excited with how well the cradle turned out, and she liked it.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
{Birthday Fun}
It was our cousin Skyler's 18th birthday today, so we decided to combine cake and ice cream and have a get together for the PRINCESSES! Since there were quite a few people, we just went to the park in Meadow. Carlie talks about "Kyler" all the time, but for some reason whenever she is around, she won't go to her? It took quite a few tries, but we finally got an ok picture of them together, complete with princess crowns! I still can't believe my baby girl is 3, but I'm even more confused at the fact that my Sky is all grown up into beautiful young adult (I started to write lady, but I just couldn't?). Thank you to everyone for the gifts and birthday wishes, Carlie is one lucky little gal!
Posted by {Mo} at 8:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
LOVE the quilts! See. I knew you were awesome!! They look great!
Looks like the weekend went well too! I'm happy for you...
I'm glad she likes her bed, and hope she adores her DARLING cradle!
BTW: If I don't call, you need to call me soon.. Love ya!
Great job on the quilt and on the cradle. I love how they match. Too cute. I am so glad your daughter had such a wonderful birthday.
Looks like a lot of fun. Your quilt turned out great and I love the crib. You have been working hard girl! What a great mom you are! I wish I had some of your talent. Good Job Mo!!!!!
Monica,
The quilt is the BOMB!! Look at you! and the cradle matches....I am speechless! Almost as proud as a your mom probably is! -Suzanne
Everything (projects) turned out fabulous!! Way to Go!!
Loved the cradle! So cute!! You did a great job on the quilt- I was not sure why you asked for help, you seem to do great job on making stuff. I love how Carly said My can't Do it and she moves on, I love 3 year olds- such a fun age, and they are so feisty. Glad she had a good b-day.
I knew you would do an awsome job on the quilt. And I LOVE the cradle. I'm sure she loved both.
It looks like her birthday was a success. The pictures were so cute.
BTW, I hear that we have some of the same issues going on. Why are people so crazy? If you ever need to talk/vent-I'm always here!
Holy cow, MO...what were you worried about? That looks professional! I am a little jealous that we weren't there for the party! I can't believe that Skyler is 18...yikes! She was 5 the first time I met her...we're old!!! What a lucky little 3 year old! You put so much into making evrything just right for her, sh'e got such a good mommy!
I love the quilts! You have a real eye for color and design. Maybe one day I'll be talented like you and able to do it too. If that day ever comes you'll have to teach me, first how to manage my time to work on projects, and second how to manage being so crafty and talented. What else do you do besides sewing, scrapbooking and cards? I would just love to see all your stuff.
Your quilt turned out darling. And you were worried about it. Way cute with the pillow case too. I love the cradle. You did a good job. How fun for her and her babies to have matching beds. My little one would absolutely love it. I wish I had more time to work on little projects like that.
Post a Comment