
I've always said that whoever came up with the saying "terrible twos", got rid of their kid before they turned 3, because 3 was so much worse for us than 2. Well, if that is the case with Miss Carlie, we are in TROUBLE! This week she has just been into everything. Yesterday I finally tied my chair legs to my table legs, hoping it will keep her from dragging the chairs all over and climbing up. She clmbed up and got two knifes out of my butcher block a few days ago, one for her and one for her cousin Tylie, luckily I was only out of the room for a minuite and came back right in time. At Sunday dinner, the terrible two (Tylie and Carlie) got into Gram's make-up and made themselves, and the bathroom carpet....well, in Carlie's words, look, pretty mommy! I had a friend stop in on Friday and Kaleb kept wanting me to come into the kitchen, because Carlie made a mess. What a mess it was, Gatoraide powder all over my wood floors. Our wood floors are rustic, and they have knots and grooves, and well, Gatoraid powder, it just fills those crevices up nicely. Also, the terrible two got into toothpaste at my sisters last week and "painted" the walls, the carpet and their shirts. The picture doesn't do justice to the toothpaste mural, it was amazing! Maybe I've just forgotten, but I don't think the boys made this many messes in such a short amount of time? I can only imagine what we are in for if she continues to get worse! Wish us luck!

6 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Monica-
I love it!!! Welcome to my world of girls, I am not sure if it is a girl thing or if it depends on there personality but I will tell you what; My kids are like this on a day to day basis, I always wondered if there was anyone else who suffered as I do. My house becomes a tornado it about 2 second; That is the whole house:)
Anyways, did you get the e-mail my Mom sent to you about the Tick Tock thing?
Hilarious!! Now I know why you were tying the chairs to the table while we were talking!!
I can tell you it is not just a girl thing! Tenney didn't do hardly anything! Christian however... I wish I would have taken pictures of all of his baby powder episodes, the crayon on the wall, etc.. He still is my get-in-trouble child. I agree with the terrible 3's. I am very much looking forward to 4!!
By the way, I love to see the pictures with your house in the background, since I havent seen it yet. I am looking forward to seeing yours and Lisa's, and your Moms!! :)
Shalise, I did get your mom's email and I'm really thinking about it... we'll see. I'm glad it isn't just my kids that are mess makers. I just hope it gets better SOON!
Ann, I remember the Christian stories. I know my boys had their moments, but I just can't seem to remember them right now! I may just have to do a post of pictures of my house, just for you....or, you could just come visit, you know you're welcome anytime!!!
Yes!! Please post pictures!! I would love it till I make it down there!! Tell Lisa too!!
Monica,
Good to hear you and Derrick are doing well and having "fun" with your kiddies! Fun Sight!
-Amy
Monica-
Elie just turned 3 and she is still a terror. Last sunday, 10 minutes before church, she emptied a bottle of purple nail polish on our carpet. A couple days before that she took glitter nail polish and decided to paint every wall down stairs. This on top of the crayon, pen, and marker that she has already tagged every wall and door in our house with.
I hope it ends soon. We are going to repaint our house because of her! All I can say is good luck, and let me know if you find a remedy before me!
Post a Comment