Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Hinckley Challenge

For some reason, I'm not sure why, reading my scriptures is a challenge for me, it always has been. I'm always trying to motivate myself and, well, it never works to well. My sister sent me an email on Saturday, in it was a challenge to read the Book of Mormon in 97 days to honor President Hinckley. There is a website that has been set up, http://www.hinckleychallenge.com/. On it, you sign up, there is a tracker to chart your progress. I signed up yesterday and was #1765, today when I looked, there were 4892 people signed up, and the number is steadily going up. Maybe, just maybe, I can really stick to it this time. Reading the Book of Mormon was something President Hinckley trully belived it and I know that if I can stick to this, it will make a huge difference in my life! The challenge officially starts tomorrow, join me!
I just had to add an update~ I just looked and as of today (Mon. 4th at 1:00) there are 11606 people signed up! AMAZING!

1 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

Way to be Friend! ( Tee-Hee )

I hope you stick with it.
I'm a witness that it brings a peaceful spirit in your home reading it daily.