I just had to share the fruit of my 2 full days of labor~ 25 pints of salsa and 17 pints of V8 juice, oh, and one tired girl with a VERY messy house!
Derrick called me last Thursday and asked me if I wanted some tomatoes? Sure 3 or 4 would be great. Well, he came home with 2 1/2 flats of tomateos, a bunch of jalepenos, a few peaches, a weird cactus thing I've never seen, and some other random things. Oh yea, how could I forget the NINE wedges of cotija cheese! How many of you have even heard of that? Well, not me...what am I going to do with that? All this abundance of food came from a desiel wreck that Derrick's cousin went on a wrecker call to, and they just throw/give away everything.
So, I really had some canning to do. I did salsa all day Monday and V8 today. Even though I am SUPER tired, I am also very proud of myself. I usually only can with my mom or my sister, and I've never done either of the things I did this time before. My sister did come help for a bit yesterday, but for the most part, I did it all by myself! The only major trauma was when Carlie touched the jalepenos I was cutting and then imediately rubbed her eyes, I felt so bad for her, I can't imagine how bad that hurt!
I don't know what it is about bottles lined up on the counter cooling, but what a good feeling. And the most wonderfull sound to me right now, is all those random little pops of sealing bottles (so far, they all have sealed!). YEA!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
Domestic Diva?
Posted by {Mo} at 5:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Wow! You really were domestic!
I am jealous! I wish I could have joined you in canning.. It's funner with other people!
I usually leave the jars on my counter for a week or so, because I am so proud of myself!
Have a good day! Love ya, Ann
I have never canned before. I wish I knew how to though. Congrats on your project. You really do have talent!
You should have posted this with you in your new apron! I still havent seen it! :)
Post a Comment