I picked up these pants for a whopping $6! Yep, $6, and they actually fit me pretty great, which doesn't happen all that often. How did I not notice that one leg is a whole 3 1/2 inches shorter than the other leg? I even tried them on twice. Yep, true story....Lisa is now calling them the Ca-pants! Mom, can ya do some hemming and fix them for me? That's not just random, it's ridiculous and hilarious too.
We did come home with some cute shirts (that were even sewn correctly), a headboard, foot board, box springs, a mattress and hopefully enough Easter candy and plastic eggs for the whole town, along with all the regular trip up north stuff, crammed in the back of my Tahoe! Fun times!
Today between General Conference sessions, we went to dinner at my Ma & Pa's. The whole fam-damily was there, all 18 of us, plus my Grandma and Grandpa. Can you say chaos? After dinner the kids went outside with instructions to "Stay out of the mud", (which they didn't) and somehow ended up in this giant hamster ball. Ok, it was really the frame for a paper mache earth my brother and his wife made for a parade last year, but doesn't it look like a hamster ball? They rolled it, (with them inside) down the side farm drive and down the road to our house and back, silly boys!
Here is another random for you. The other night I went into the kitchen at 10:30 pm, or thereabouts to grab something, and I hear my garage door opening?!? What? Derrick was in the bedroom and the kids were asleep, and I know the cats can't jump that high. Derrick, my manly man, did some checking and nothing..... Hmmm, can we say creepy! Brock got the chance last week to do his first Great Brain project. He decided on the Solar System and I have to say I was thrilled, since that's a subject I know nothing about, but Derrick on the other hand knows a bunch! Brock did such a great job on everything, his display, the report and his presentation, and he really learned a lot, not to mention he loved doing it with his Dad!
And last but not least, Brock earned his Wolf badge! It's a good thing he has great Scout leaders who keep him on track, it really is a lot of work....Thanks, Dayla and Alicia and YEA, Brock!


9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
I love that you did not notice the pants being a little odd. Honestly I can see myself doing the same thing. I can see being so excited that they fit and my butt looking cute in them that it could easily be overlooked. That is great!
Your kids are so cute. They are getting so grown up.
Fun times in Provo! About that hamster wheeel....do you have instructions on how to make one? That's awesome! Brian would LOVE a hamster wheel for our boys! Hee Hee!
Cute post!
I don't know why it didn't show up on my dashboard!! It's a ucky thing I checked it huh??
Way Cool about Brocks project and scouts..
Way creepy about the garage door..
Way funny about your pants! I'm glad you had a good day with Lisa!!
I laughed at the pants. Especially since you tried them on twice.
The garage door thing happened to me a couple of years ago. Nobody believed me though and thought that I was going crazy (ya know, new baby, new house thing). Finally I proved to Jordan that it was really happening. Turns out we had a faulty motherboard. I installed the new one and no problems since. And its a huge relief not to have to listen at 2 am for the garage door opening!
And cute updates on your kids!
You have me laughin all over again about the ca-pants!!! But they really do fit you cute, so who is even gonna be checkin out the length? And yes, it was a MUCH needed break, except for what I came home to... and you know cause you SAW it all! Gotta love it :)
I had to laugh about the jeans. Too funny. LOL!!
The picture of the kids in the hamster/earth ball is an awesome picture.
Way to go Brock, on his project and his Scout award.
Fun post!
Bah! That hamster wheel and the jeans are priceless. Maybe I could stop by and pick it up on our way down to the cabin. Throwing small children in one of those and rolling it down the hill could be very theraputic for me. ha ha! Hope your jeans are mended soon OR hope you see a doctor very soon about the huge length distance in your legs! Haha! -suzanne
Okay so that was too funny about the pants. I say go ahead and wear them...if you guys didn't notice then nobody else will right???
Weird story about the garage...sort of seems like the makings of a scary story. Maybe we could write one together, combine your garage story with my crazy noises I hear on a daily basis (Oh wait, that's just called insanity!)
Awesome job with the scouter and the project!!!!
Yay for Brock, earning his wolf badge! :)
I LOVE that giant hamster ball! I think every kid should get to play in one! Shoot, I wanna play in one, too! :D
Post a Comment