Friday, April 10, 2009

{Flashback Friday}

Are you ready for Flashback Friday Easter style? Well, here you go!

I'm not sure how old I was in this picture. I have such good memories of Easters past. Our little town always had an Easter egg hunt, we still do, I was in charge of it this year in fact. We also spent many, many Easters at Grandma and Grandpa Ainges cabin and I remember hunting for eggs there too with the cousins and my grandparents friends grandkids. Grandma Beckstrand always had an Easter Egg hunt for us too. What spoiled kids we were!

Kyle, Lisa, Shad & Monica ~ 1985
This particular year, at the town Easter Egg hunt, they also gave away live bunnies. If I remember right, my mom wasn't all that happy that I won Fluffy the bunny. If you look close you can see Lisa's pink basket. Grandma Ainge crocheted one of these for each of the Grandkids the inside was a cool whip container and I truly loved mine.
Grandma Jeannie took Brock to see the Easter bunny when he was about 14 months old. I can't believe how much he's grown up and how fast the years have gone!

Kaleb, Carlie & Brock ~ 2007
What cute kiddos! This is the same park that the picture of me and my brothers and sisters was taken at, fun traditions!


10 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Misti said...

Hey Mon! I've been waiting all day for this! Lol. Cute pics and fun memories. I have to say I can totally see you in Carlie now, I don't know why I didn't really see it before. Probably the blonde hair. What a cutie she is and your boys too. I hope you guys have a wonderful Easter!

Mel said...

Are you kidding? Live Bunnies? I would die if my kids came home with one. By the way are you ready for another vacation already? I am!!!!

Ann Marie said...

Oh how FREAKING cute!!

I always love to see your old pictures! You remind me of a little house on the prairie girlie!

LIVE BUNNIES? Ya.. I would freak.
I'm not sure the humane society is hip on that now either.. :)

I remember Brock that little.. So cute!

I hope you have another happy and memorable Easter! I love you!

crystal said...

aww what cute pics! I loved easter too

Anonymous said...

How fun that you have all of your old pics and will share them! Not sure if Lisa is so grateful, but you guys look so cute!! Happy Easter!

Lisa said...

Awwww... isn't that so sweet :) I had totally forgotten about little bunny fluffy! Maybe you should make old traditions new again for next years... as long as we don't get one! O the memories!

Marilee said...

Happy Easter!!!

Heather said...

What a fun tradition. That is so awesome that it still is going strong.

I love the first picture of you. I love Flash Back Friday's. They are so fun.

Happy Easter!

TLC said...

Oh how sweet. Monica, I'm dyin to talk to you! I love small town stuff. And easter egg hunts rock my socks!

Suzanne said...

Yeah, that first picture of you is classic and the bomb! I love it! Easter memories are great and I was a little surprised to see the woman dressed as the easter bunny. That was completely different! -Suzanne