I don't know if you remember my camping post from Labor Day this past year? Maybe you recall that fantastic camper we all packed into? No? Let me refresh your memories.
Isn't it fancy? My mom's parents ordered it from the factory in 1971! When they decided to sell it, my dad's parents bought it. It then got passed down to my parents, and finally to us! I must admit at the time we were thrilled to have it. But over the years, our family has grown and we're out of space!
Really truly out of space, and we've been thinking it's time to upgrade. Derrick has been watching the KSL listings for months and over spring break we went to Payson to look at one, and then to Grantsville. It was a long drive with all the kids to Grantsville, but it was worth it!
Look what we found! I think this is at least triple the space we had before. We decided to get a fifth wheel because most of the time we'll be taking the boat or four-wheelers and it will just double trailer better.Now I'm just waiting for the new type of hitch we need to get here and Derrick to change it out and we'll be ready to camp! I do have to say we had some great times with the old camper and have lots of good memories. I'm also happy to announce it's staying in the family, my brother Kyle and his wife Katy are going to take it and I bet they'll love it too!


7 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):
Yea!!!! I am so happy for you guys. Camping is the best. We have been looking into getting a trailer for a couple yrs now, but have not purchased one. Maybe this year will be the year it finally happens. I wish you and your family many great memoriable camping trips!!! And of course expect you to blog about em'.
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you posted it so I can peek. Is the larger bed where you sleep towards the front? I didn't see it...
I'm glad the camper is staying in the family. That's what I call getting the most use out of something!!
I look forward to a trailer one day since that's the only way I like to camp now.. But I want me a SUV and 4-wheeler first..
Chad's been "looking" at trailers for months. I have to keep reminding him.. No! :)
I'm sure you will have loads of fun with it! Love ya..
Hope Motor Cross is fun!
That will be so much fun, It looks like a nice little place to call home while camping...Love the pic's. Have a fun time camping..
So jealous especially after camping in a tent last weekend!
Wow! I am so glad you guys got this. I know how hard it is to stuff 5 people in a little tiny camper. That's exactly what we have. =)
Now we will have to plan an Ainge trip to the sand dunes!
Wow! so fun to even see a picture of that old camper. I think every single grandkid in the family (on both sides of yours) has some memory of that camper. Thanks for posting-will you please make sure that Kyle gets his chance at camper ownership-he deserves it. If it were possible, I'd come and battle him for it, but it doesn't look like I'm going to make it. Tell all hello and congrats on the new toy.
That is an awesome trailer. Your making me want to go camping. I am glad you found something that can
fit your family. How fun!! I am excited for you guys!
Post a Comment