Thursday, February 12, 2009

{Yum, Yum, YUM!}

Mmmm, I'm not bragging or anything, but I made a yummy dinner tonight. Everyone ate, there was very little complaining and hey, that makes for a happy mom! So, I'm going to share one of my favorite recipes. My mom always makes this and it's one of our family favorites. So check your pantry, grab what you need, tie on an apron and get cookin'!

**Hearty Chicken Soup**
2 Tbs. chicken bullion
4 cups water
3 cups chopped carrots
2 cups chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups chicken breast, cubed
**Cook chicken in water while you chop the veggies. Add vegetables and continue cooking until they are almost done.Add 1/2 package of Kluski Noodles and cook until noodles are done. (you may have to add more water) Add 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup and 1/4 cup evaporated milk. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until heated through- about 10 min. or so. Watch the noodles, they will stick. Enjoy!

Yum, yum, yummy! (I don't know why the color on my picture is so weird) Trust me it was good! I'm excited for leftovers tomorrow.

11 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Jense Family said...

Thanks for sharing. Jim loves homemade chicken noodle soup, but it takes so much time I don't do it very often I will sub this instead:)

Suzanne said...

This looks DELICIOUS!! I will have to try it some time! Nothing beats a family lovin meal. As a mother, when they all love it, you feel accomplished for some reason. I rarely get that here, so maybe I should try the soup. Well Done Monica! -Suzanne

Heather said...

I so want to try that soup. It looks so yummy.

I am glad you had no complaints. That I am sure is always a hard one with the more children you have. Good job!!

TLC said...

Yay Yay Yay! I've been looking for a good chicken soup recipe to try and now I know where to start!

Don't ya just love it when everything goes JUST right???

Monica, what was that website you recommended to go to for card inspirations? I'm doing my friends baby shower invites and i need a little help.

Miss Megan said...

Mmm...you're making me hungry! I do love me some homemade chicken noodle soup.

Also a big THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for the cute cards you made me! They came in the mail yesterday, and it was such a nice surprise - especially since all I've been getting lately is bills junk mail. You rock Monica! Thank you for doing the giveaway, and having such a cute blog, and being so crafty at making darling cards! xoxo

Ann Marie said...

Sorry I wasn't home earlier.. I saw you called. I was at the Draper Temple Open house! :)

I want some of that soup! Yum!
Can you buy those noodles at the regular store? I have only seen them at costco.. Anyways, I so wish I lived next door today.. I'd invite myself over for some leftovers! MMMMMM! Love ya..

Me said...

That sounds so good and yummy! I'm always looking for good recipes, especially soup ones. I'm getting tired of the white chili and clam chowder. Thanks for sharing!

Marilee said...

I made homemade chicken noodle soup this week too! Have you ever tried to make your own noodles (YUM!)?

Marla said...

Looks yummy! I will have to try it!!

Connie said...

Ann Marie sent me over here to get this recipe. Glad I did. It sounds delicious and if the color was better it would look delicious! :-)
You have a great blog. Glad I visited.

Valerie said...

I came over from Ann Marie's blog post too. This looks so good! I love those noodles.