Wednesday, February 4, 2009

{Bobcat Brock}

It was Cub Scout pack meeting tonight and Brock earned his Bobcat award. They had Derrick and I come up, and while they talked about the Bobcat trail they painted his face. I love that in scouting when the boys earn the bigger awards, the moms are recognized too (they know who has to do a lot of pushing and prodding). Now we only have until his birthday at the end of the month to finish his Wolf requirements, nothing like leaving it till the last minute, but he really is close. Way to go Brock, I'm proud of you bud!

The boys told us some riddles and jokes! Kaleb of course had to be up in the middle of it all.
Brock getting his face painted. My Dad is the cub master (by the flag) and it's been fun for Brock to have his Papa involved in Scouts too.
Brock giving me my pin, he didn't even stick me! Bobcat Brock!

I just have to share what Missy Carlie said to me. I told her she had to clean her room if she wanted to play with Ty, since it was messy. She looked at me with her little serious face and said, "My will just go shut the door." What? Seriously, she's three. She really shouldn't be learning that trick until she's at least ten, right?

7 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

TLC said...

First! Thats too cute about Carlie...what a DOLL!

How sweet as a mom to be mentioned at CubScouts. That is a world i know NOTHING about but i think its great that your Dad is there and he's doing so well.
Good Job! What does the face paint mean?

Me said...

I don't know anything about scouts, but I guess I need to start learning here soon. Thats cool that Brock likes to tell jokes and be right in the middle of is all too.

And how funny about Carlie! Elie tells me stuff like that all the time. I just never bothered to write many of them down (bummer now).

Ann Marie said...

Way to go Brock!
Scouting is just around the corner for me too...

Suzanne said...

I love scouts! When we were den leaders, I had the time of my life with those boys! Way to go Brock! PS I see mothers have like a ribbon/necklace they wear after they get so many pins. I think it is awesome that mom gets a pin too! -Suzanne

Nancy Face said...

Cub scouts are the cutest! I love his painted face! :)

My son is 13 and getting ready for his Eagle Scout project! I'm excited to get my own miniature Eagle pin in a few months! ;)

Justin and Julie said...

Cute Cubscout! You have such cute kids....I am not surprised! Keep up the good work! Julie

Heather said...

Good job Brock!

I bet you were just so proud of him and way to go mom too!