Thursday, January 8, 2009

{The Karate Kid}

As long as I can remember Brock has wanted to take a karate class. We looked into it when we lived in Mona and were going to sign him up, but found out we were moving. That was almost three years ago and he still wanted to do it, the only problem, the closest place that offered it was a good 45 minutes away. Well, that's no longer the case and Brock got to go to his very first class tonight. I don't think I've ever seen him as excited as he was when he came home from school today and I told him to go change his clothes and where he was going! Pure joy, that's the only way I can describe it. I also don't think I've ever seen him sit as still as he did at the first of class while the teacher talked to them. He had to stop and show his Dad his uniform before we could go home, even though Derrick was going to be home in less than an hour. I love that he's finally getting a chance to try something that he's always wanted to do, and hope he'll be as excited to go back each week as he was to start today!

10 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

Cute! I am so glad that he is so exited about it!
Look out Ralph Macchio!

Suzanne said...

I love to hear stories of kids doing what their hearts desire! Yay for Brock! -Suzanne

TLC said...

I'm lovin the fact that he sports around the fo-hawk! Does he do it himself? WAY studly...

Also, I love his name...So glad he is now able to take the classes.

Lisa said...

He looks so dang cute. He just told me to come look on his moms blog to see a picture of him in his outfit. He was showin me and Carson the moves too. So cute!

Heather said...

How exciting for him. Isn't it just so fun to watch your child be so happy?

Marilee said...

High-Yah! You tell Brock to do his best! He will love it!!

Justin and Julie said...

Cute Karate Kid!!! Please send the recipes for the new blog....we would love to have you help! This is a way for all of us to get back into eating betterby sharing new recipes....eating well is so hard to do especially when trying to please husbands with real food!
The email is: recipesworthourweight@gmail.com
---Julie

Leslie said...

He looks so grown up. I think it's good for kids to have their own little thing that's just for them. He's so cute.

Shalise said...

How fun for him, I bet he will do great!Have fun Brock- he sure is cute!

DeVries Family said...

Awwww.....doesn't that make you feel like you actually have the upper hand as a parent when you find something they are really into? GREAT leverage!! He looks so COOL!! I'm with Ann...wax on, wax off, Danielson!
Karate is such a great motivation for school too, if he has a Master who pushes respect...AWESOME Broc!!!