Thursday, January 15, 2009

{Are You KIDDING Me?}

Do you know what this lovely stuff is???
How many of you have seen the stuff inside a disposable diaper/pull-ups? I've seen it a time or two, but never in my washer! Yes, my washer. All over my clean clothes, I guess technically they aren't so clean. My friends, it's not a pretty sight when a pull-up is stuffed inside the leg of Miss Carlies's jammies and it gets washed and therefore explodes all over the rest of the clothes along with the inside of the washer! So now what? After much thought and deliberation, I took all the clothes outside and shook them off the best I could. Now there is still a bit of gel remaining on the clothes, more on the patio and the lawn, and even some in my hair (I'm pleased about that one). I'm hoping one or two more runs through the handy dandy washer will get the rest off the clothes. I'm thinking this may motivate me to work on night training my little darlin'! YUCK!

13 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Suzanne said...

Oh my! That is really unbelievable!! Now we know...now we know! -Suzanne

Lisa said...

I am sorry, but I am still laughin about this from when you called me this morning! What are the chances that this would really happen. I'm just glad that I found the one in Tylie's pj's today before I did the wash or we'd both be in the same boat! So sorry!

Colledge Family said...

That's funny--but not really!! I've seen that before, but it was because Katie wore a diaper for a little bit while she was swimming-I'll never do that again! Now I'll have to remember to check Katie's pj's before I do laundry!

Me said...

I've run into that stuff before, but never in my washer. I'm sorry! We had a diaper fall apart while we were swimming and I totally learned my lesson there. I say...Let the potty training begin (Elie wasn't nearly as hard as Trae was).

DeVries Family said...

Man...could you have posted that about a week and a half ago????

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES?????

Yeah...I had that SAME thing happen except the pull-up was for a much larger child (I won't name names)than Carlie....YUCK!!!!!
Look at you...blogging it and laughing!! I was just in my laundry room swearing for about an hour!!!

{Mo} said...

Ohhh Mary Ann my friend, I can honestly say I was not laughing, and I will admit, I most assuredly uttered a few (or maybe more) not so choice words! I guess ranting on my blog always just makes me feel better about life! Love ya, my funny, in-law, cousin, friend!

Kristen said...

You poor girl! I doubt I would have been as light about the situation as you are. But its something you will never forget again. =D

Ann Marie said...

Now I'm worried. And scared.
Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!

Thanks for calling me.. Sorry I was so scatter brained.. Lots going on here.. Hopefully next week is more peaceful! Love ya..

Oh, and L.O.V.E the new background. Possibly my favorite one ever!! Happy weekend!♥

Ann Marie said...

Oh and.. I love your music.. It makes me happy... Even though I have to mute it when I read, I get my freak on otherwise.. :)

Marilee said...

Oh dear! I'm so sorry! Sometimes we learn things the hard way--I just learned not to put really hot liquid in the blender (it explodes)--another story for another day (I'll blog it as soon as I get over it). So, did you clothes ever come clean?

Heather said...

Yuck. What a mess. You poor thing. Thanks for the heads up. I will keep that in mind when I potty train Ayla. Check the pant legs for pull ups along with the pockets.

Anonymous said...

At least it wasnt a full diaper with that all over the place too! Eeesh!

Anonymous said...

That is one of the funniest things ever but NOT at the same time! Great comments added as well.
I must say that I never experienced that one, it was cool to see the stuff, NOT cool for you!
I usually get the tissue paper, paper towel thing going all over everything along with the ever wonderful ink pen every once in a while.
I am borrowing a friends computer. ours crashed and we are waiting for our new one to arrive. I can't believe how hard it is to function with out it! he,he
If I had been looking out the back, I would have run over and helped you shake it all out! he,he