Tuesday, October 14, 2008

{We had Family Home Evening!!!!}

Ok, having Family Home Evening may not seem like that big a deal to most of you, but it's something that I'm just really bad at, so when it happens, I get super excited about it. I can't really take credit for FHE this week, my mom planned it and invited all of us that live close...so big thanks Ma & Pa. We all brought tin foil dinners for our families and just threw them on the BBQ. While they cooked, the kids got to pick their pumpkins from "Gram & Papa's Pumpkin Patch". My kids look forward to this every year. We tried to take a picture after of all the kids with their pumpkins, but it didn't work out too well. Bryson and Kamryn were crying because the cat jumped on Bryson's head clawing him and it scared Kamryn. Oh well, I guess we take what we get! After that we had a lesson and my mom told us stories about her dad who passed away before any of the kids were born. Each of us kids shared a memory too. We ate dinner, had dessert and the kids got wild, like they always seem to when we all get together, so we headed home. My goal is to try and do better at having regular Family Home Evening. I do know it's important and I have good intentions, but somehow Monday just always comes and goes and it never gets done. Actually, my topic for speaking in church Sunday was supposed to be "Teaching Gospel Principals in the Home through Family Home Evening", I just chose to ignore the through family home evening part, since I'm so bad at it. I guess that may have been a little hint that I need to be better about it....and I'm going to be, I promise!
Carlie trying to pick her "pun-kin".
Papa helped her out a bit.
Kaleb wanted this one.
This one is Brock's.
Brock, Addie, Kaleb and Carson waiting for their turn.
We tried to get a picture of all eight kids with their pumpkins~This was the best of probably ten or so and it's pretty sad!
L to R~ Bryson, Kamryn, Addison, Tylie, Brock, Kaleb, Carlie & Carson
Aren't they the perfect finnishing touch to my front porch?

7 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Suzanne said...

OH, totally awesome front porch!! And family home evening takes a bit to get in the groove, but once you start doing it consistantly, it changes things and it is not the same if you don't do it!

AArrrggghhh, I wish I had my own pumpkin patch. I am just dreading having to have to go and buy them at the store. That is great that your parents have their own patch! Too fun! -Suzanne

Ann Marie said...

With what Suzanne said, it really is noticed when you don't have it once you start..
I'm glad you had such a fun day..
Cute picture with the kids and all of there pumpkins.. ~ And I love the porch.. I love fall decor!

Marilee said...

We have Family Home Moment--and we barely make it. How did your talk go? Cute pumpkins!

Casowhat said...

What a fun family night. You are so blessed to have your family so close! I feel so bad that I missed your talk, had to take my Grandma to St. George, but Cassie said it was great!

Heather said...

How fun!

We are the same with FHE, but we need to get going with that one too.

Good luck with your talk. I know you will do great.

The Crook Book said...

What a fun FHE! I love reading your blog. You are such a cute mom!

DeVries Family said...

How fun!! I keep asking my Mom to take all of the little kids to the pumpkin patch by her house...she's REALLY missing out! Looks like they all had a great time! FHE is a huge chore for me too! I really try and we get about half but I don't know if it makes any difference for anyone! It even annoys Brian when I try to do it regularly...sad!