Tuesday, October 28, 2008

{Halloween Bunko}

I just have to say...... I LOVE BUNKO! I truly look forward to it every month, it's my one guaranteed night out, no kids, just the girls and I must say, we have a fun group. Last year we started the tradition of dressing up, some love it, some hate it, but we always have fun and this year was no exception. Three of our regular girls couldn't make it, so we had some sub's who were good sports to dress up. Wendy was a great host and had everything decorated so cute and the food was yummy! I love that the way we play we all leave with a prize, it's always fun to come home with something. And though I won the prize for the best costume, I do have to say it was really tight on my neck and not the most comfortable! Lis and I already have the best idea for next year, I can't wait!

L to R, Back ~ Kim as a witch, Lisa a blow-up hefty gal, Sheri a hippie, Alishia a pirate, Melissa as a pirate girl. Front~ Mindy as Red Riding Hood, Wendy (our host) a cute ladybug, Sarah as a witch.
Julia as a witch, Molly a funky Grandma, Mo as a personal trainer and Tresa as herself!
(P.S. Megan, I'm getting nervous about our date. You see I've put on a bit of weight and well, I'm a little self-conscious about it. I hope you'll like me for my inner beauty and not judge me too harshly for my outer shortcomings.)
Don't we make the cutest couple?
I'm honored to say, I WON THE PRIZE FOR THE BEST COSTUME! Me, yep, Me!
I won the CUTEST Halloween scrapbook paper that I can't wait to use!

10 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Miss Megan said...

Lol. I like a girl with a little meat on her bones. Besides, you look like my kind of personal trainer - "OK girls - and lift your bon-bons into your mouth!" Wow. It's late and I sound like a moron. Clever costume and a fun girls night! Glad you got some "me" time!

Heather said...

LOL! You looked awesome and I am glad you won scrapbook paper, that is so you.

Suzanne said...

Ha ha ha !! That was AWESOME!! You totally redeemed yourself after the clown costume.

Where did you find that thing? That is hilarious!! You totally made my day! Have a great one! -Suzanne

Ann Marie said...

Oh friend! I was seriously LOL!
First, when I saw Lisa, I thought is that really LISA? Totally didn't recognize her. Then, you.. ha ha ha! I laughed so hard!
What did Derrick and the kids think?

Can you believe I have never played bunko...I hope to oneday to see what all the craze is about!

All of the costumes look great!

Just in case your reading... Hi Wendy! Looks like you had a great party!

Leslie said...

That looks like so much fun! I just went through and read all of your posts that I missed. I missed A LOT!!! Good times. ;) I need to get blogging. I'm getting behind.

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

You've got to tell me.....what is "bunko" I am clueless. ???

I love your costume. You all look like you are having WAY TO MUCH FUN. =)

Have a Happy Halloween!

Casowhat said...

Looks like you had a blast! Bunko is so much fun, especially at Halloween. Love your costumes!!!

Carlene said...

That's my girls!

Marilee said...

Very good costumes!! Brian and I have the blow-up tourists--they were so fun!! Happy Halloween!!!

Anonymous said...

This comment is just for you Monna! I love you and Lisa's costumes. I'm a little disappointed you didn't wear them to the ward party.
-Skyler