Thursday, October 23, 2008

{Harvest Break}

We had the best long weekend! Friday morning it looked like it was going to be HORRIBLE. I woke up at 3:00 in the morning with kidney pain, and I was sure I had kidney stones again. By 10 or so it stopped and hasn't been bad since? My bestest friend Ann and her family were coming to stay the weekend, when I told her about the kidney stuff they decided not to come and I was super bummed.

I was so glad when they ended up coming on Saturday. It was nice to have them here and I can't wait till next time, soon I'm hoping! Saturday morning I helped Lisa at the craft fair for a little bit, I have to say Lis makes the cutest bows ever! Ann and I did some crafts in the afternoon, and took a drive around town to look at the old houses. She got some great pictures and then posted the nicest post about their trip down. I have to shout out a big THANKS to Chad for spending HOURS that evening working on my stupid computer. I can't believe I didn't even get my camera out the entire time, what's up with that?

Sunday I was conducting in Primary and I had sharing time, I was glad I had prepared ahead and wasn't scrambling at the last minute. We went for a drive up the mountain in the truck that afternoon and then again in the Ranger, since it was such a nice day.

Monday we made the trek to Salt Lake to the zoo. We had to drop off a few things at Ann's and I definitely left with more than I took to her.....what a great and generous friend I'm blessed with.

Isn't this the cutest little cupboard ever? I'm still trying to decide if I should paint it or not? Dark red, black or leave it... what do you all think?I can't wait until I can put a wreath on this and put it on my front porch! Thanks again, Ann.

It was fun to watch the kids at the zoo, Carlie especially, she's just at the perfect age and loved everything. Kaleb was our little tour guide and knew where everything was since he went with his class a few weeks ago. Brock wanted to push Carlie's stroller the entire time. Carlie was funny, once she decided what something was you couldn't change her mind no matter how many time you told her, for example the rino's were pigs, the penguins, turtles and it wasn't the zoo, it was the zoom. It was a fun, long and tiring day for us all (but mom especially).


My Little Darlin's
Brock on the train
Kaleb is our bug boy.... What a perfect display for him!
Look, Dad!


The kids were so excited when the tiger came right down in front of us and went through the water.

It's a long ride home!

Tuesday the girls that live close got together at my mom's to bottle chili. I have to say canning is much funner with the girls, but that was a long day. My kids were tired (Carlie hadn't gone to bed until 2:15 in the morning, more about that in a later post) and at times it was crazy. I know it was a long day for my mom and I love that she still wants to teach us new things. We all stayed or came back for birthday pie for my dad that evening......what a nice guy to spend his birthday surrounded by women, canning messes and kiddo's! I know Derrick wasn't, but I was happy for school on Wednesday, it was a great break, but all good things must come to an end and it was time!
Yummmm, Chili

I love this picture of my nephew Carson and Brock with their Papa.

Happy (late) Birthday Dad!

8 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Me said...

Sounds like you a fun, yet exhausting weekend. I haven't been to the zoo for a couple of years. I guess thats what happens when you live close to it-you just don't take the time to go.

I know Ann was super excited to see you and I'm glad that you guys got together. I'm truly looking forward to getting everyone together for the big Twilight party!

Marilee said...

Fun weekend!! Cute hutch--I would leave it or paint it country white or black. Have fun "crafting" it!

Suzanne said...

Man, you an Ann have been busy canning!! I would join you, but I have nothing to can!!

Alright, the hutch I would paint it a bold red, or something bold! I think it is darling and I would want it to stand out!

Glad you had a great weekend and super glad that your kidney stone pains left! Have a great one! -Suzanne

Ann Marie said...

I vote white or red. I think black is too dark, and is trendy. White is always in, and will always go no matter the room it is in. It also needs some darling knobs...

I love all of the pictures. The chili looks great!
Love the zoo pictures.. especially the kids on the ride home. :)

Thank YOU for letting us stay.
Love you..

Heather said...

A wreath on that sleigh is going to be so darling. I can't wait to see it on your porch.

Looks like you had a fun time at the zoom! I love how Charlie gave things her own name for them. That is too cute.

Ann Marie said...

BTW:
THANK YOU for all of the clothes!
The kids love them, and your helping me out too, so I think we are even.. Love ya.. ♥

JENNIFRO said...

That was a fun post. Love the stuff you got from Ann. A wreath on the sled sounds so festive and charming...

I vote red on the cupboard if it goes with your house
--though I'd end up painting it white!

Miss Megan said...

DEFINITELY paint the hutch. It is so cute, and just screaming for a tiny little bit of TLC. Ann always finds the bestest stuff!