Tuesday, October 28, 2008

{Two New Additions}

We have two new additions at our house........
Licorice & Obi

For our activity at family night last night, we ventured down to Aunt Lisa's and picked out two kittens. The boys knew they really wanted the black one, and were hoping it was a boy, since I said NO GIRL KITTY'S (I just don't want to be the crazy cat lady, who always has 6 kittens or more at her house...Lisa can keep that title). Obi got to come home with us because he was the only other boy Lis could catch after the kids ran downstairs and scared them all. I hope these two little guys make it, we just seem to have bad luck with cats, but we really need them to keep the mice from the fields away. Do you all have a hard time naming new pets? My kids come up with some really silly names. They were sure the black kitten should be Halloween or Darth Vader? And Obi was for sure going to be Dash 2, since we had another cat that looked like him once, they came with some other ridiculous ones, before we finally settled on Obi and Licorice.

4 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

Yay! First to comment!

Oh boy.. I can't let Tenney see this post, or she'll be begging to come down every weekend!
They are so cute.. I AM SOOO jealous! I'm glad I didn't see them when we came or I probably would have kept some too. I just hope that your kittens live to see us visit! -- Only kidding..sort of..
Anyways, yes. I believe that you do have to help with the names. Have I ever told you some of the names that Chad came up with for the kids?? CrAzY!!

PS; I laughed so hard at your comment from Megan for the party.. Can't wait! It's getting closer! :)

~Sheri D~ said...

Sydney will want to come over even more now. I can see her as the 'crazy cat lady' in the future.

Hopefully they will stick around and do their job. Catching mice is the ONLY reason I let Sydney get kittens~and I'm not sure if they do that great of job. We usually have to catch at least one mouse a year.

Suzanne said...

I was going to ask what happened to the other cats but for some reason, I have the most unpleasant thought that I do not want to really know. Kittens are so adorable. Are you going to let them inside or are the outdoor cats?

Too cute! Makes me miss Leo! Have fun with the new additions! -Suzanne

Casowhat said...

Sooo cute! I watch our wild, black neighborhood cat out in the pasture, diligently waiting by those gopher mounds. We love our cat Candy, but without any claws she isn't much of a mouser,so it will be nice to have some other cute kitties around!