Sunday, October 19, 2008

{These are a few of my favorite things}

This time of year is one of my favorites. I love colors of fall, I've enjoyed a little bit cooler weather, I enjoy watching the kids get excited for Halloween and seeing the fun decorations popping up all around town. I'm going to share a few of my favorites around my house.

Isn't his BOO so cute, I love the little bit of sparkle on it.

My Grandma Ainge made both these ghosts for me. The pumpkin ghost has been broken and glued and got broken again this year and I almost cried. They both mean a lot to me since my Grandma has passed away. The cookie jar was a wedding gift and it has 3 other lids, a sunflower, a pig and a cow. My grandma had heart surgery not long before and kept telling my mom and my aunts that she had to leave the hospital so she could finish the cow, pig and ghost lids. They kept telling her that it wasn't a ghost, but a goat (they hadn't seen it), and she kept getting mad and telling them she knew what she was talking about......sure enough it WAS a ghost!

This Halloween banner is a new favorite for this year. Sheri did some for her Super Saturday and gave me one to put together.....it was super easy and fun to do. Plus, I think it turned out CUTE! I definitely have plans to do more of these.

My old wooden trunk looks cute with the iron pumpkin with fall leaves on it.

I made these stuffed pumpkins last year.

I love to bring a bit of Fall in with some colored leaves from the canyon.

Ann brought me this "Sharing the Harvest" sign and it made a good accent to the sunflowers in the middle of the table (also a past gift from Ann). My front porch. I added some fall leaves to the corn stalks and my Dad brought me the hay bales from the stack yard.

9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Ann Marie said...

I love it!!!
Magic that you got the sign so fast.. he-he!

The fall leaves look beautiful added to everything! Thanks for letting us stay.. you are the bestest hostess, and friend!! :)

Everything is soo cute, but my favorites were the halloween banner, and the trunk and desk..
So very cute!! Love you!♥

Casowhat said...

Your fall & Halloween decorations are so cute! It brings out the kid in us!!! Thanks for sharing!

Marilee said...

Yay! Halloween is almost here! You decor looks great!!

Heather said...

I love your corn stalks on your porch. I love all your decors. Cute idea on the stuffed pumkins.

That desk is so neat. Where did you get that?

I see by Ann comment that they made it to see you. I am glad!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Me said...

I love all your halloween decor. My grandma made some things like your ghost, and those have been broken many time too.

I have yet to get out my halloween stuff, so I hope that I get around to it this year.

Thanks for sharing.

DeVries Family said...

I love fall too! You are so lucky to have a canyon right up the road to take leaves from! I have about 5 Halloween decorations! Yours are ALL so cute!!!!

Suzanne said...

I swear I left a comment a while ago! What is happening to my brain? Your decorations are DARLING! Thanks for the peek into your home! -suzanne

Miss Megan said...

I'm glad someone else did their decorations too. I was beginning to feel like a bit of a loner. Ann can be very persuasive when she wants to be!