Sunday, January 31, 2010

{Some of my Greatest Blessings....}

Call me MOM!

I really do have some pretty great kids, who need to be bragged about every once in a while!
Brock competed in his first ever Karate competition this past Saturday. Since we'd never been to one, and really didn't know what to expect, Derrick took him while I stayed home with the other kiddos. I think Brock was pretty excited to have a day with his dad. Anyhow, as we were getting everything out Friday night, we couldn't find his yellow belt anywhere. He had been wearing it the day before for class, so I was sure it couldn't have gone far.....boy was I wrong, after 2 hours of searching (it was now almost midnight) I gave up, and he wore his white belt (that danged yellow belt still hasn't turned up!). I really worried that this was a sign of things to come, but again, I was wrong.......HE DID GREAT! He took a fourth place on his Kata's (basically a choreographed routine) and FIRST place in sparring! Way to go Bud.... I love that he's found something that he really loves and does well!
Right after the kids went back from Christmas break, it was Kaleb's special week in his class. I made an all about me poster, with his help. He is such a fun kid, with the most contagious grin. When we had his pictures done earlier in the year, he decided he wasn't going to show his teeth, since so many of them were missing. Sally (Sweetly Simple Photography) caught this cute giggle, that I just fell in love with!
Kaleb's poster. It says............

My name is Kaleb Dearden. This is my family. I have one sister and one brother. I like to play my Nintendo DS and build with Lego's. My favorite foods are, ravioli, brownies and peanut butter. I like to play with my puppy Chevy. My favorite color is red. A monkey is my favorite animal and I am good at climbing on everything, just like a monkey. I also like to play at the lake with my family!
Carlie is our girlie girl. The other morning she not only wanted a dress, but she wanted her hair curled. When I finished she look so adorable, we just had to have a little photo shoot! She loves to color and draw and maybe I'm just biased since I'm her mommy, but I think she definitely has some talent there! The other day she decided to draw a little doodle on her jeans with one of her markers (thankfully it was washable). When I put her on her bed for a time out, she sobbed and sobbed.....not because she was on time out, but because I told her I was going to have to take her "colorlings" away for a few days, and that devastated her!

I am constantly amazed at how different each of my children are, not just in their looks, but also in their personalities and temperaments! They are each truly unique and I am so awed by the fact that they are mine. I'm so thankful for them and the chance I have have to be their mother. They truly are some of my greatest blessings!


9 nice, polite comments! (otherwise, don't bother!):

Dorothy said...

What a lovely way to post about your children. I love it..

Blessings,

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Suzanne said...

Yay for Brock! Congratulations to him! I hope you find the yellow belt soon. Darling picture of Kaleb! I love the shots that are real and "in the moment!" Darling idea for the poster too! Little Miss Carlie! That kid is such a crack up! I wish Shae loved to wear dresses and have her hair curled. You should post some of her drawings, now I am curious! I hope you have a wonderful day! -Suzanne

Misti said...

Awe! What a sweet post!! I am so proud of Brock, that's so awesome :) I love Kaleb and Carlie's pics too. Super cute! You have good kids and you are such a great Mom!

Thanks for sharing :)

Marilee said...

Your kids ARE super! I just have to say that super kids come from a super mom (and dad)!

Ann Marie said...

What a sweet post!
Way to go Brock!
I hope you find that yellow belt! ;p

That picture of Kaleb is DARLING.. and I love his poster.. good job Mom!

Carlie's photos are so cute. I love them.. and love how "girlie" she is. :)

I just want to thank you and your sweet family ( Mom, Dad, and Lisa ) for the outpouring of love and kindness you have shown me and my family. I truly am so lucky and blessed to have you in my life.
Thanks also for the "thought" today.. It made me feel good.

I love you friend.
Your the best! XO

Miss Megan said...

Darling kids Mo.

Me said...

Congrats to Brock. I took karate once and competed once, so I know just how big of an accomplishment it is. I hope you find his belt too.

And the pictures of Kaleb and Carlie are adorable. They did a great job with them.

You have darling kids and are such a great mom to them. I sure hope they appreciate you and everything that you do for them.

Heather said...

Go Brock!! That is awesome!

Way cute picture of Kalabe laughing. Cute little sign he made.

Way cute pictures of Carlie! You are good at taking pictures. Good job on her hair she looked so cute.

I think it is wonderful you share things about your children. It doesn't make you just a proud mom. It makes you a great mom.

Hannah said...

I'm glad you like the calendar. Of course you can post on it. (Just please send them to my blog to print it.)